Is there a link listing all Italian towns and how to contact their civil office to get birth, marriage, and death records. I'm hoping to contact them through email rather than through the Post Office. Right now, I'm looking to contact the city of Altamura in Bari, Puglia, Italy.
Ron
Contacting Italian towns for civil records
Re: Contacting Italian towns for civil records
I contacted them a few years ago to request some certificates, but I wrote to a PEC (certified email) address:
statocivile@pec.comune.altamura.ba.it
statocivile@pec.comune.altamura.ba.it
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Contacting Italian towns for civil records
It is my understanding that you can’t use a PEC email address unless you yourself have one. I can’t find a non PEC email address for Altamura though.
Re: Contacting Italian towns for civil records
Thanks for the information.
