Changes in Family Search records for Palermo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
parkergambino
Elite
Elite
Posts: 327
Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 17:28

Changes in Family Search records for Palermo

Post by parkergambino »

Esteemed colleagues,

This is a first notice that Family Search has changed its presentation of civil records for Palermo, which I discovered while searching for an 1874 marriage that was no longer in the place where I used to find it. After some fiddling around in the inscrutable (to me - the only way I find things there is by fiddling around) FS catalog system, I uncovered the links that would lead me to familiar places.

The first link is not familiar to me, and I ain't gonna mess with it just yet. But it does have those key links in blue. The second link below takes me to the familiar places that I am used to. The third link takes one to a set of 10-year indexes, a new feature. I expect that the marriage records will be a regurgitation of Hugh Tornabene's work (if so, welcomely undermining Ancestry's putting these behind a paywall), but the births and deaths seem new to me.

I have not yet used these extensively, but will be doing so over the next few weeks. I don't know how widespread all of this is; I only use a small subset that concerns me. I suspect that this might screw up the URL links that users have previously saved, in a manner of the re-vamp of Antenati, so that it may be necessary to create a brand new set of links. So be it, curse not the darkness.

Root Link:
https://www.familysearch.org/en/search/ ... oha:316910

Records as previously existing (I hope) - Tribunale
https://www.familysearch.org/en/search/ ... cc=2051639

10-year indexes for birth, marriage, death - State Archive
https://www.familysearch.org/en/search/ ... cc=2608509

Good luck,
Parker


Update: It looks like the 10-year indexes are not yet ready.
Post Reply