See Archdiocese Agrigento Sambuca marriage records- image 017 left side 3rd record down
Please translate
i have Jan 10 1678 i believe also Parents Girolamo Di Giovanna and Frances Maiijo and bride's parents as Antonino Saladino and Leonarda Mangiaracina
I am looking for ages or towns born in or what parents are alive, etc. and also verification that the above is correct.
Thanks
Linda
melchior di Giovanna e Maria Saladino
Re: melchior di Giovanna e Maria Saladino
10 January 1678
Melchiorre di Giovanna, the legitimate and natural son of the late Gerolamo de Giovanna and Francesca de Maijo, formerly married, and Maria Saladino, daughter of Antonio Saladino and Leonarda Mangiaracina, a married couple of this town of Sambuca, having had the banns published on three consecutive public holidays, in accordance with the provisions of the Holy Council and the Civil Code on 23, 28 and 31 December, were married.
Melchiorre di Giovanna, the legitimate and natural son of the late Gerolamo de Giovanna and Francesca de Maijo, formerly married, and Maria Saladino, daughter of Antonio Saladino and Leonarda Mangiaracina, a married couple of this town of Sambuca, having had the banns published on three consecutive public holidays, in accordance with the provisions of the Holy Council and the Civil Code on 23, 28 and 31 December, were married.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: melchior di Giovanna e Maria Saladino
Hello mmgno,
I have a question. Who was "formerly married" Melchior or Frances?
Is Frances living or deceased at time of Melchior's marriage in your thoughts.
Thank you so much. it gives me a lot more info.
I will notate my tree.
Best
Linda
I have a question. Who was "formerly married" Melchior or Frances?
Is Frances living or deceased at time of Melchior's marriage in your thoughts.
Thank you so much. it gives me a lot more info.
I will notate my tree.
Best
Linda
Re: melchior di Giovanna e Maria Saladino
Melchiorre’s parents, Gerolamo de Giovanna and Francesca de Maijo, were married at the time of his birth. By the time Melchiorre got married, Gerolamo had died, but Francesca was still alive.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: melchior di Giovanna e Maria Saladino
Antonio Saladino and Leonarda Mangiaracina were married on 23 September 1640 in Corleone.
Antonio was the son of the late Paolo and Giulia Saladino, who were married in this town.
Leonarda was the daughter of Mastro Francesco and Francesca Mangiaracina, who were married in this town.
Sambuca, Matrimoni, Vol. 2 1639-58, Img 025 (f. 13), Record #122 (bottom right).
Antonio was the son of the late Paolo and Giulia Saladino, who were married in this town.
Leonarda was the daughter of Mastro Francesco and Francesca Mangiaracina, who were married in this town.
Sambuca, Matrimoni, Vol. 2 1639-58, Img 025 (f. 13), Record #122 (bottom right).
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: melchior di Giovanna e Maria Saladino
Hello mmgno Thank you for your help BUT I am confused
Why do I look in sambuca marriage records for a marriage in corleone.should it say sambuca.?
Also timeliness seems strange if melchoor's parents were married in 1640 and melchior was married 1678 with a birth date approx of 1658. 18 yrs after marriage
Why do I look in sambuca marriage records for a marriage in corleone.should it say sambuca.?
Also timeliness seems strange if melchoor's parents were married in 1640 and melchior was married 1678 with a birth date approx of 1658. 18 yrs after marriage
Re: melchior di Giovanna e Maria Saladino
I'm sorry. It was my mistake; the wedding was in Sambuca, not Corleone.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: melchior di Giovanna e Maria Saladino
Hello mmgno,
Thanks for responding.
I have found that there are many repetitive names.
Although the names seem to fit I am still confused timewise. I have Melchior with approx birth 1658 based on his marriage in 1678. whereas his parents were married in 1640. I thought 15 years was the usual range of childbearing. Any suggestions on how i might obtain more clarity. I have not been able to find Melchior's birth record.
Thanks much
Linda
Thanks for responding.
I have found that there are many repetitive names.
Although the names seem to fit I am still confused timewise. I have Melchior with approx birth 1658 based on his marriage in 1678. whereas his parents were married in 1640. I thought 15 years was the usual range of childbearing. Any suggestions on how i might obtain more clarity. I have not been able to find Melchior's birth record.
Thanks much
Linda
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: melchior di Giovanna e Maria Saladino
Hello,
it is indicated below that melchior's parents were married in 1640 yet melchior got married in 1678.
i am not able to find his birth.
i would have guessed 1658 for birth but that would be a wide range after marriage to have a child.
Should i research all the way back to 1641 for his birth and guess that he may have married a 2nd time?
Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Best,
Linda
it is indicated below that melchior's parents were married in 1640 yet melchior got married in 1678.
i am not able to find his birth.
i would have guessed 1658 for birth but that would be a wide range after marriage to have a child.
Should i research all the way back to 1641 for his birth and guess that he may have married a 2nd time?
Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Best,
Linda