Hello,
I am researching family genealogy on the Venditti, Benacquista, Polsinelli and Viscogliosi families in Arpino, Isola del Liri and Fontechiari in the province of Frosinone. I have spent many, many hours on Portale Antenati researching the family using records from 1809 to 1899 and have built a pretty complete family tree. However, I am trying to find records for 1900 onward for these towns. Also, the records for Arpino dry up in the 1860s. I have not been able to find such records online. I feel as if I'm missing something -- I'd expect the newer records to be easier to find than the old ones! My Ancestry.com subscription is no help. While I'd prefer a free site, I'd be happy to subscribe to a site with a proven track record in these towns. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Looking for Frosinone records
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Looking for Frosinone records
The Tribunal records after 1866 for this area were destroyed in WW2. What few were recovered are on line at Antenati. The originals are still in the town.
Arpino records were filmed at the town.
The second copies at the Tribunal begin after WW2 and have not been microfilmed (yet).
My book (see link below) will tell you what records are available and were to find them.
Arpino records were filmed at the town.
The second copies at the Tribunal begin after WW2 and have not been microfilmed (yet).
My book (see link below) will tell you what records are available and were to find them.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
-
VendittiMcIver01
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 27 Jan 2025, 21:52
Re: Looking for Frosinone records
Hi, Ann,
I have your book, which I have found quite helpful. I am already in touch with Fontechiari. However, the email addresses your book provides for Arpino and Isola del Liri no longer work (at least for me in the U.S.), and I'm hoping you have some alternatives. Both Arpino and Isola use a "contact us for help" system that will not work for me. Thanks!
I have your book, which I have found quite helpful. I am already in touch with Fontechiari. However, the email addresses your book provides for Arpino and Isola del Liri no longer work (at least for me in the U.S.), and I'm hoping you have some alternatives. Both Arpino and Isola use a "contact us for help" system that will not work for me. Thanks!
Re: Looking for Frosinone records
https://pagamentipa.comune.arpino.fr.it ... e#contatti
For Arpino, try the anagrafe email and the next one. The address with pec in it won’t work from here in the U.S.
For Arpino, try the anagrafe email and the next one. The address with pec in it won’t work from here in the U.S.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Looking for Frosinone records
Search for Comune di. ……. The town’s website should give you the new address
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.