Hello,
Archdiocese Agrigento burgio marriages 1600-1929
index states folio 148 but i see it as image 148
i see a quartana at folio 141 3rd record down on left side lecto
messy record but i am not sure if this fits on my tree
Please translate.
Thanks
Linda
bartolo quartana marriage
Re: bartolo quartana marriage
Linda
I see this Bartolo in the index but can’t find the record. Hopefully mmogno will locate it.
Erudita
I see this Bartolo in the index but can’t find the record. Hopefully mmogno will locate it.
Erudita
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: bartolo quartana marriage
Thanks for trying.
it is where i mentioned above.
folio 141 but image 148
3rd record down on the left
Best,
Linda
it is where i mentioned above.
folio 141 but image 148
3rd record down on the left
Best,
Linda
Re: bartolo quartana marriage
There is no Bartolo Quartana on image 148, folio 141 left side. The first names for the 3 records on that page are Leonardo at the top, Pasquale in the middle, and Vincenzo at the bottom. There is a Bartolo on image 147 top right, but none of those have Quartana as a surname. What is the date of the record you’re seeing?
Erudita
Erudita
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: bartolo quartana marriage
Hello Erudita,
1628 i think BUT
I went back
I can see why you are saying Vincenzo but it is the record i believe in the index. The record is so illegible.
i think i see the name in the middle of the record on line 6 towards the right side that looks like quartano.
i really can't see much at all.
Maybe it is wishful thinking. The record i really wanted was Bartholomeo Quartana for which was already translated. in 1628.
I was confused seeing bartolo AND bartolomeo records. I just wanted to understand the Bartolo record which does look like Vincenzo.
Best
Linda
1628 i think BUT
I went back
I can see why you are saying Vincenzo but it is the record i believe in the index. The record is so illegible.
i think i see the name in the middle of the record on line 6 towards the right side that looks like quartano.
i really can't see much at all.
Maybe it is wishful thinking. The record i really wanted was Bartholomeo Quartana for which was already translated. in 1628.
I was confused seeing bartolo AND bartolomeo records. I just wanted to understand the Bartolo record which does look like Vincenzo.
Best
Linda
Re: bartolo quartana marriage
Linda
I believe that the name Baudini Quartana that you see is the record is for a witness. Then after that there’s a ? Maniscalco. The record across from this one is for a Vito Q, the son of Cola/Nicola. Vito is the groom in that record. The groom’s name is underlined in the record. The record at the bottom of the left page is definitely for a groom named Vincenzo. I can’t read his surname. Just so you know, the indices were written some time after the records were, even in more recent times. So there are errors in them.
Erudita
I believe that the name Baudini Quartana that you see is the record is for a witness. Then after that there’s a ? Maniscalco. The record across from this one is for a Vito Q, the son of Cola/Nicola. Vito is the groom in that record. The groom’s name is underlined in the record. The record at the bottom of the left page is definitely for a groom named Vincenzo. I can’t read his surname. Just so you know, the indices were written some time after the records were, even in more recent times. So there are errors in them.
Erudita
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: bartolo quartana marriage
Hello Erudita,
thanks for the warning re when indexes were written-- after the fact.
I now see Vito's record on the right side
Family search already has info entered via another area Ancestry tree BUT it states that the mother is Domenica Provenzano,
Could you please translate Vito's record as well.
Thanks,
Best, Linda
thanks for the warning re when indexes were written-- after the fact.
I now see Vito's record on the right side
Family search already has info entered via another area Ancestry tree BUT it states that the mother is Domenica Provenzano,
Could you please translate Vito's record as well.
Thanks,
Best, Linda
Re: bartolo quartana marriage
Hi Linda
You’re getting a two for the price of one, as Vito’s sister Antonella Q married on the same day. Next page, top record on left side.
As to Vito’s record, he was the son of Cola Quartana. His mother’s name is not given in the record. The bride was Leonora/Eleanora di Leo. Her father, Melchioni or Melchiore, was deceased. Date was April 8, 1619. folio 141 recto, bottom record, image 148
Same date, folio141 verso, marriage of Leonardo Ardoino and Antonella, daughter of Cola Q. The mothers’ names are not in these records, and neither is the name of Leonardo’s father.
I did find a baptism record for an Antonia Q on Jan 29, 1605 in which the father is Cola and the mother is Domenica Provenzano. Jan 29, 1605, image 122. Not sure if she is the daughter in the marriage record, but I didn’t find Antonella Q.
Also there is an Eleanora di Leo, folio 36 verso, top record image 033, baptism/birth Feb 13, 1601. In index p.13. Father’s name not given in the index. In the record, mother is Domenica; I can’t decipher her surname. Father’s name may be abbreviated, looks like it starts Me but then I don’t see the rest of the letters for Melchioni.
That’s all I can do with these records.
Erudita
You’re getting a two for the price of one, as Vito’s sister Antonella Q married on the same day. Next page, top record on left side.
As to Vito’s record, he was the son of Cola Quartana. His mother’s name is not given in the record. The bride was Leonora/Eleanora di Leo. Her father, Melchioni or Melchiore, was deceased. Date was April 8, 1619. folio 141 recto, bottom record, image 148
Same date, folio141 verso, marriage of Leonardo Ardoino and Antonella, daughter of Cola Q. The mothers’ names are not in these records, and neither is the name of Leonardo’s father.
I did find a baptism record for an Antonia Q on Jan 29, 1605 in which the father is Cola and the mother is Domenica Provenzano. Jan 29, 1605, image 122. Not sure if she is the daughter in the marriage record, but I didn’t find Antonella Q.
Also there is an Eleanora di Leo, folio 36 verso, top record image 033, baptism/birth Feb 13, 1601. In index p.13. Father’s name not given in the index. In the record, mother is Domenica; I can’t decipher her surname. Father’s name may be abbreviated, looks like it starts Me but then I don’t see the rest of the letters for Melchioni.
That’s all I can do with these records.
Erudita
Re: bartolo quartana marriage
Linda
I just realized that I typed the first name of Arduino incorrectly. I meant to type Lorenzo, not Leonardo. Also, I misspelled the surname Arduino as well. You may eventually see it as Alduino or Aldoino. I’ve seen the spelling changed by the priests in other towns. Just very tired this weekend.
Erudita
I just realized that I typed the first name of Arduino incorrectly. I meant to type Lorenzo, not Leonardo. Also, I misspelled the surname Arduino as well. You may eventually see it as Alduino or Aldoino. I’ve seen the spelling changed by the priests in other towns. Just very tired this weekend.
Erudita
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: bartolo quartana marriage
WOW Erudita,
This is definitely a gold mine of info.
Thank you so very much!
Sending lots of well wishes for strength!
Best
Linda
This is definitely a gold mine of info.
Thank you so very much!
Sending lots of well wishes for strength!
Best
Linda