Hello,
Archdiocese Agrigento folio 507 image 513 lecto top right
looks like only father's mentioned
september 10 1653 possibly
Please translate for any helpful info
Thanks
Linda
bartolomeo e francesca marriage burgio
Re: bartolomeo e francesca marriage burgio
I believe the date is Sept 14, 1653
Banns on Aug 31st, and Sept 7th and 8th resulted in no impediments to the marriage.
Groom: Bartolomeo Quartana son of Paolo Q.
Bride: Francesca daughter of ? (I’ve finally given up trying to decipher her father’s name).
Witnesses: Antonio Nicolosi and Pietro Spinelli
Banns on Aug 31st, and Sept 7th and 8th resulted in no impediments to the marriage.
Groom: Bartolomeo Quartana son of Paolo Q.
Bride: Francesca daughter of ? (I’ve finally given up trying to decipher her father’s name).
Witnesses: Antonio Nicolosi and Pietro Spinelli
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: bartolomeo e francesca marriage burgio
Hello Erudita,
Thank you!
It is interesting to see the variations on how the records are presented.
I wonder if banns will give more info.
I am not sure where to go for banns.
Best,
Linda
Thank you!
It is interesting to see the variations on how the records are presented.
I wonder if banns will give more info.
I am not sure where to go for banns.
Best,
Linda
Re: bartolomeo e francesca marriage burgio
@erudita74 Per la data, non capisco il numero 14 del giorno di Settembre 1653. Dove lo trovi?erudita74 wrote: 01 May 2026, 19:12 I believe the date is Sept 14, 1653
Banns on Aug 31st, and Sept 7th and 8th resulted in no impediments to the marriage.
Groom: Bartolomeo Quartana son of Paolo Q.
Bride: Francesca daughter of ? (I’ve finally given up trying to decipher her father’s name).
Witnesses: Antonio Nicolosi and Pietro Spinelli
Per la sposa, leggerei
... et Franciscam filiam Dominici Sergio atque russello hujus civitatis Burgij ....
Non sono sicuro per 'Sergio' e 'atque'.
Il cognome Sergio esiste, ma è raro; Russello è comune intorno a Agrigento, anche in cognomi doppi.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: bartolomeo e francesca marriage burgio
Thank you Erudita and mmgno
I appreciate all of your help!
Best
Linda
I appreciate all of your help!
Best
Linda
Re: bartolomeo e francesca marriage burgio
The date should be the same day as the day on the record immediately to its left, and after day 8, which is the day of the last of the three banns. What day are you seeing? I believe it starts with the number 1, but it’s a hard read.mmogno wrote: 03 May 2026, 12:50@erudita74erudita74 wrote: 01 May 2026, 19:12 I believe the date is Sept 14, 1653
Banns on Aug 31st, and Sept 7th and 8th resulted in no impediments to the marriage.
Groom: Bartolomeo Quartana son of Paolo Q.
Bride: Francesca daughter of ? (I’ve finally given up trying to decipher her father’s name).
Witnesses: Antonio Nicolosi and Pietro Spinelli
Bubio_Matrimonio_513.jpg
Per la data, non capisco il numero 14 del giorno di Settembre 1653. Dove lo trovi?
Per la sposa, leggerei
... et Franciscam filiam Dominici Sergio atque russello hujus civitatis Burgij ....
Non sono sicuro per 'Sergio' e 'atque'.
Il cognome Sergio esiste, ma è raro; Russello è comune intorno a Agrigento, anche in cognomi doppi.
Erudita
Re: bartolomeo e francesca marriage burgio
The day is September 14th, is the same day on the two records on the left page: on the first one on the left is written September 14th, on the seond on the left and in the first on the right is written "eodem", that means "on the same day" in Latin.
Re: bartolomeo e francesca marriage burgio
Danip wrote: 05 May 2026, 21:57 ... on the seond on the left and in the first on the right is written "eadem", that means "on the same day" in Latin.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
