Lucio Gulino- Morti

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
Athena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 372
Joined: 13 Jun 2016, 02:56

Lucio Gulino- Morti

Post by Athena »

Can someone please translate this for me? Ty


https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 83&lang=en
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Lucio Gulino- Morti

Post by mmogno »

#290
Il 15 Dicembre 1869 è morto Lucio Gulino di 76 anni, calzolaio, nato e domiciliato in Castelbuono, coniugato, figlio dei furono Calogero e Maria Giuseppa ??
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Lucio Gulino- Morti

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Re Maria Giuseppa’s surname

I’m sure it begins with the letter "C" and I am wondering whether Maria Giuseppa’s surname is "Capuano", a name that appears in the town, but it is just so badly written, as are a lot of the letters in other names/words etc in the document, that it doesn't exactly look like it.

Angela
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Lucio Gulino- Morti

Post by mmogno »

@AngelaGrace56
O Maria Giuseppa Cipriano?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Lucio Gulino- Morti

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

mmogno wrote: 20 May 2026, 16:28 @AngelaGrace56
O Maria Giuseppa Cipriano?
I don't think so. Generally in those records, that scribe, places the dot directly over the i. I think the dot there is either bleed through or just random. There are quite a few random dots in the records. I'm still with Capuano but I'll take another look later. At least we agree on the "C" at the start and the last three letters.

Angela
Post Reply