Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori

Post by italian059 »

Is there anyone who can possibly help me locate this record? I can see the names of the people I think I am looking for but the handwriting is just the worse. I really cannot read it. I am looking for a Vincenzo Sangiori who married an Agata, don't know her maiden name. Don't know if anyone wants to attempt this and I understand if you don't. I am attaching the link to the index where It shows their names. Their names are 9 from the bottom on the left hand side. Any info would be appreciated.
Mary


https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori

Post by erudita74 »

Mary

The record # 1226 is on image 635 of 682 bottom right. I think the date is May 18, 1613.

The groom Vincenzo Sangiorgi was the son of deceased Filippo ? and Leonara

The bride Agata Gulisano was the daughter of deceased Bernardo (?) and Beatrice?

Have to study this record more.

Erudita
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori

Post by mmogno »

erudita74 wrote: 05 Jun 2026, 10:28 ... May 18, 1613.
The groom Vincenzo Sangiorgi was the son of deceased Filippo ? and Leonora (= Eleonora)
The bride Agata Gulisano was the daughter of deceased Bernardo (?) and Beatrice?
...
Erudita
@erudita74
D'accordo anch'io, per quel che vale.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori

Post by erudita74 »

@mmogno

Thanks, G. As to the first name of the groom’s mother, I wrote Eleanora in my notes before typing the name on the forum. Then I decided to remove the initial E in the translation, but didn’t notice that, when I did, I now had the ending nara instead of nora. Anyway, thanks again for the corrections.

Erudita
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori

Post by italian059 »

Thanks @erudita and @mmogno for all the help.
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori

Post by italian059 »

Erudita,
I see the record now. My eyes were going crazy trying to read that handwriting.
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori

Post by erudita74 »

Hi Mary,

The handwriting in these early records, and the condition of some of them, are making them difficult to decipher. Hopefully, we’re giving you the correct info from them.

Erudita
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori

Post by italian059 »

I am not 100% sure these are my ancestors because I am still trying to find the baptismal of their daughter, Margherita Sangiori. All the dates work so I am hopeful.
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori

Post by erudita74 »

italian059 wrote: 06 Jun 2026, 01:53 I am not 100% sure these are my ancestors because I am still trying to find the baptismal of their daughter, Margherita Sangiori. All the dates work so I am hopeful.

Mary

Do you have any baptism/birth dates for any of their children to try to narrow down a range of years? There don’t seem to be any indices for those early baptism records. With the condition of those records, and the vast number of them, I would never be able to quickly go record by record to try to find it. Sorry.

Erudita
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Re: Help finding this marriage record, Sangiori

Post by italian059 »

No, Erudita, I don't know the names of any of the other children. I agree it is too hard to go thru those very old records. Makes your eyes go crazy, lol.
Post Reply