Help with translation of marriage record for Joseph Grizzaffi

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Help with translation of marriage record for Joseph Grizzaffi

Post by italian059 »

I am having trouble reading the names. Joseph's baptismal says his parents are Leonardo and Giuseppa but this marriage record doesn't seem to say that. It is record #781. Wondering if I have the correct records. Also his baptismal says 1699 and this record is 1700. I hope ya'll don't mind but I am including the link to his baptismal. 2nd record on the left hand side. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks so much.
Mary

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Re: Help with translation of marriage record for Joseph Grizzaffi

Post by italian059 »

Excuse the baptismal post. I got it confused with someone else but would appreciate a translation of the marriage record.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Help with translation of marriage record for Joseph Grizzaffi

Post by mmogno »

#781
13 June 1700.
Groom: Giuseppe Grizzaffi, the legitimate and natural son of the late Giuseppe and the living Leonarda Grizzaffi, formerly husband and wife, never previously married, of this parish.
Bride: Antonia Viola, the legitimate and natural daughter of Antonino and Francesca Viola, husband and wife, never previously married, of this parish.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Re: Help with translation of marriage record for Joseph Grizzaffi

Post by italian059 »

Thanks so much, mmogno. Really appreciate all your help.
Post Reply