https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2046915
corleone marriage february 27 1713
folio 60
record 439
Please translate
is catharina the widow of Biagio Rasillo
Is her maiden name Pumara
are parents living?
town?
Thanks
Linda
francesco terrano e Catharina possibly pumara
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
-
alexiaamber
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 22 Jun 2026, 13:59
Re: francesco terrano e Catharina possibly pumara
Hi Linda,
Looking at the entry, my reading is:
Francesco Terrano, son of the late Antonino Terrano and Margherita (surname difficult to read), married Catharina.
Catharina appears to be the widow of Biagio Rasillo ("vidua quondam Blasii Rasillo"), so yes, I believe she was previously married to Biagio Rasillo.
Regarding the surname, I also read it as something close to Pumara / Pumaira / Pumaro, but the handwriting is not entirely clear. I would not be 100% certain without comparing other occurrences of the name in the register.
The use of "quondam" before the fathers' names indicates the fathers were deceased. I do not see wording that clearly states the mothers were deceased.
I do not see a different town mentioned for either party; the record appears to be a marriage in Corleone, and unless another locality is specified elsewhere in the entry, I would assume they were of Corleone.
So my best reading is:
Groom: Francesco Terrano
Father: deceased Antonino Terrano
Mother: Margherita
Bride: Catharina (possibly Pumara)
Bride was the widow of deceased Biagio Rasillo
No obvious indication of another town of origin
Hopefully another reader familiar with Corleone records can confirm the bride's maiden surname.
Looking at the entry, my reading is:
Francesco Terrano, son of the late Antonino Terrano and Margherita (surname difficult to read), married Catharina.
Catharina appears to be the widow of Biagio Rasillo ("vidua quondam Blasii Rasillo"), so yes, I believe she was previously married to Biagio Rasillo.
Regarding the surname, I also read it as something close to Pumara / Pumaira / Pumaro, but the handwriting is not entirely clear. I would not be 100% certain without comparing other occurrences of the name in the register.
The use of "quondam" before the fathers' names indicates the fathers were deceased. I do not see wording that clearly states the mothers were deceased.
I do not see a different town mentioned for either party; the record appears to be a marriage in Corleone, and unless another locality is specified elsewhere in the entry, I would assume they were of Corleone.
So my best reading is:
Groom: Francesco Terrano
Father: deceased Antonino Terrano
Mother: Margherita
Bride: Catharina (possibly Pumara)
Bride was the widow of deceased Biagio Rasillo
No obvious indication of another town of origin
Hopefully another reader familiar with Corleone records can confirm the bride's maiden surname.
Re: francesco terrano e Catharina possibly pumara
Day February 27th, 1713.
Marriage record between groom Francesco Terrano, legitimate and natural son of the deceased Vincenzo Terrano and the living Giovanna, before spouses, bachelor, from that place, and bride Caterina Rasillo, widow of the deceased Biagio Rasillo, legitimate and natural daughter of the deceased Giovanni Pumara and Francesca, from that place.
Celebrating priest was Don Martino Papinella, witnesses were Onofrio Cuttuni and Gerolamo Ducibella.
The bride's maiden name was Pumara, Rasillo was the first husband's surname.
Marriage record between groom Francesco Terrano, legitimate and natural son of the deceased Vincenzo Terrano and the living Giovanna, before spouses, bachelor, from that place, and bride Caterina Rasillo, widow of the deceased Biagio Rasillo, legitimate and natural daughter of the deceased Giovanni Pumara and Francesca, from that place.
Celebrating priest was Don Martino Papinella, witnesses were Onofrio Cuttuni and Gerolamo Ducibella.
The bride's maiden name was Pumara, Rasillo was the first husband's surname.
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: francesco terrano e Catharina possibly pumara
Thanks Danip
Best
Linda
Best
Linda
