We are trying to determine the name of our great grandmother. The only lead we have is that our great grandfather was Lorenzo Caccioppoli. We looked at the Antenati Database for Vico Equense 1809-1865 to attempt to narrow down Lorenzo Caccioppoli and his wife. He would’ve conceived our great grandmother in 1870-she was born 1871.
So far we found two Lorenzo Caccioppoli:
1) Lorenzo born 14 April, 1828
2) Lorenzo born 29 March 1836
Can anyone please tell us:
-if we might’ve missed another viable Lorenzo Caccioppoli
-if we might’ve missed another previous marriage in regards to #2 Lorenzo born 29 March 1836. We found that he married a Lucia Cuomo 5 February 1893 which put them in their 50s. We can not locate another marriage for this Lorenzo previous to one to Lucia Cuomo which could make him a viable Lorenzo candidate.
Caccioppoli
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Caccioppoli
Can you post the link to the 1893 marriage record to Lucia Cuomo. Thanks.
Angela
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Caccioppoli
Looking at the following, it has a Lorenzo Caccioppoli (son of Giovanni and of Angela Cioffi) marrying a Lucia Cuomo (daughter of Luigi and Angela Buonocore - parents same as your 1865 record posted). Marriage on 25 May 1876.
I couldn’t see a marriage record attached so might not be accurate.
https://caccioppoli.com/Caccioppoli%20B ... ecords.htm
What were the names of your grandmother and syblings?
You might be interested in the following: https://caccioppoli.com/Caccioppoli%20ancestry.htm
Scroll right down to the bottom until you come to Vico Equense
Angela
I couldn’t see a marriage record attached so might not be accurate.
https://caccioppoli.com/Caccioppoli%20B ... ecords.htm
What were the names of your grandmother and syblings?
You might be interested in the following: https://caccioppoli.com/Caccioppoli%20ancestry.htm
Scroll right down to the bottom until you come to Vico Equense
Angela
-
campcantreg
- Rookie

- Posts: 42
- Joined: 19 Mar 2015, 00:03
Re: Caccioppoli
Angela,
Your assistance is invaluable.
You asked for the post of the link for 1893 marriage:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... X6?lang=en
This Lorenzo Caccioppoli who married Lucia Cuomo either in 1876 or 1893 can not be the one who conceived our great grandmother Marianna in 1870.
We went thru the 1809-1865 and found one other Lorenzo Caccioppoli.
Your assistance is invaluable.
You asked for the post of the link for 1893 marriage:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... X6?lang=en
This Lorenzo Caccioppoli who married Lucia Cuomo either in 1876 or 1893 can not be the one who conceived our great grandmother Marianna in 1870.
We went thru the 1809-1865 and found one other Lorenzo Caccioppoli.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Caccioppoli
Thankyou for sending the link. Unfortunately, it’s not very helpful because I need to see the Civil Record. The indexing just gives basic info and not the information I was wanting. (Often the indexing contains errors too.)
Why can’t Lorenzo and Lucia have birthed your great grandmother Marianna in 1870? They may have just been married in the church or not at all, and then decided to have a Civil Marriage in 1893 before Marianna left to go to the US, to legitimise her birth. (My attempt at lateral thinking!!!)
I’ve looked at the 1836 Birth Record pertaining to Lorenzo which has only one marriage annotation on it, which I am sure you would’ve noticed, ie the 1893 marriage to Lucia. Have you got a link to the 1828 Birth Record that you mentioned you had found?
Angela
Why can’t Lorenzo and Lucia have birthed your great grandmother Marianna in 1870? They may have just been married in the church or not at all, and then decided to have a Civil Marriage in 1893 before Marianna left to go to the US, to legitimise her birth. (My attempt at lateral thinking!!!)
I’ve looked at the 1836 Birth Record pertaining to Lorenzo which has only one marriage annotation on it, which I am sure you would’ve noticed, ie the 1893 marriage to Lucia. Have you got a link to the 1828 Birth Record that you mentioned you had found?
Angela
-
campcantreg
- Rookie

- Posts: 42
- Joined: 19 Mar 2015, 00:03
Re: Caccioppoli
Yes, with genealogy anything is feasible. Individuals are born out of wedlock today. Not a NEW concept. Before the marriage to Lorenzo Caccioppoli, Lucia Cuomo was married to a Saverio Guidone on 25 July, 1865. Here is their marriage image: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 85/wOnJBnB
Seems they had a daugher Francesca Guidone about 1866 who later died in 1870 at age 4-same year our great grandmother Marianna was conceived. Also, this Lorenzo died 14 October, 1919 https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/PW4X-LBJ
Here is the birth record for the other plausible Lorenzo Caccioppoli born 14 April, 1828. https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 56/5gbgbr1
This Lorenzo came from a seafaring family line.
Seems they had a daugher Francesca Guidone about 1866 who later died in 1870 at age 4-same year our great grandmother Marianna was conceived. Also, this Lorenzo died 14 October, 1919 https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/pe ... s/PW4X-LBJ
Here is the birth record for the other plausible Lorenzo Caccioppoli born 14 April, 1828. https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 56/5gbgbr1
This Lorenzo came from a seafaring family line.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Caccioppoli
Thanks for the links, Lisa.
I think you are basically stuck until Family Search puts those missing 1866-1900 inclusive records, pertaining to Vico Equense, which you need, online. It’s really disappointing and I’m not sure why they (FS) have gone to the trouble of indexing some of those years and excluded the actual Civil Records. The marriage records and marriage pubblications often incude other important information like the marital status of the prospective spouses, children born from an unmarried union being legitimised etc. I generally always study the actual C)ivil Record incase the indexing has errors or gaps.
Re Saverio Guidone who Lucia Cuomo married in 1865 (then later married Lorenzo Caccioppoli in 1993) do you know when he (Saverio Guidone) died? He may have died shortly after their daughter, Francesca, was born, unless they had other children after her? If so, then Lorenzo Caccioppoli could still be the father of Marianna.
(Hopefully I’ve got this correct as I am going by memory. Yesterday I spent some time looking through your previous posts related to this, which helped to fill me on a few things you hadn’t mentioned on this post. Tessa74 and Farassino did a great job with the limited records they had access to.)
Best to you with all this. I can see lots of hard work has gone into searching through those earlier records. I’ll keep my thinking cap on.
Angela
I think you are basically stuck until Family Search puts those missing 1866-1900 inclusive records, pertaining to Vico Equense, which you need, online. It’s really disappointing and I’m not sure why they (FS) have gone to the trouble of indexing some of those years and excluded the actual Civil Records. The marriage records and marriage pubblications often incude other important information like the marital status of the prospective spouses, children born from an unmarried union being legitimised etc. I generally always study the actual C)ivil Record incase the indexing has errors or gaps.
Re Saverio Guidone who Lucia Cuomo married in 1865 (then later married Lorenzo Caccioppoli in 1993) do you know when he (Saverio Guidone) died? He may have died shortly after their daughter, Francesca, was born, unless they had other children after her? If so, then Lorenzo Caccioppoli could still be the father of Marianna.
(Hopefully I’ve got this correct as I am going by memory. Yesterday I spent some time looking through your previous posts related to this, which helped to fill me on a few things you hadn’t mentioned on this post. Tessa74 and Farassino did a great job with the limited records they had access to.)
Best to you with all this. I can see lots of hard work has gone into searching through those earlier records. I’ll keep my thinking cap on.
Angela
-
campcantreg
- Rookie

- Posts: 42
- Joined: 19 Mar 2015, 00:03
Re: Caccioppoli
Angela,
I wish to thank you, and everyone else involved here at this site who have tried to unravel the maternal link to our great grandmother. My cousin and nephew have exhausted so much effort.
To answer your question about when Saverio Guidone (Lucia Cuomo's first husband) died, no we do not know when he died. Also, we are perplexed why Lucia Cuomo shows two different marriage dates to Lorenzo Caccioppoli. One in 1876 and another 1893.
And there is always the other plausible father to Marianna, Lorenzo Caccioppoli born 1828 who had a seafaring history. This is another strong candidate since our great grandfather Luigi Capozzi was a "capitano mercantile". His livelihood was also at sea. There may have been a mutual work/life situation that developed between the Capozzi and Caccioppoli.
However, as you mentioned that until the records for those missing years 1866 and beyond are posted -we are stuck in speculation.
The last resort is to attempt to get a copy for the Comune; however, this can take a while, and the cost is 150 Euro which is exorbitant.
Again, thank you for all of your efforts.
I wish to thank you, and everyone else involved here at this site who have tried to unravel the maternal link to our great grandmother. My cousin and nephew have exhausted so much effort.
To answer your question about when Saverio Guidone (Lucia Cuomo's first husband) died, no we do not know when he died. Also, we are perplexed why Lucia Cuomo shows two different marriage dates to Lorenzo Caccioppoli. One in 1876 and another 1893.
And there is always the other plausible father to Marianna, Lorenzo Caccioppoli born 1828 who had a seafaring history. This is another strong candidate since our great grandfather Luigi Capozzi was a "capitano mercantile". His livelihood was also at sea. There may have been a mutual work/life situation that developed between the Capozzi and Caccioppoli.
However, as you mentioned that until the records for those missing years 1866 and beyond are posted -we are stuck in speculation.
The last resort is to attempt to get a copy for the Comune; however, this can take a while, and the cost is 150 Euro which is exorbitant.
Again, thank you for all of your efforts.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Caccioppoli
Hi again
I'll have to get back to you later, but just a very quick answer to your question about Lucia and Lorenzo's first marriage in 1876. It was a Church marriage, as I had suspected, and I have now confirmed this by rechecking the link I sent you. While I had checked the Church Marriage Index attachment included, and didn't see them there - (the list pertained to a different church in the town), when I rechecked the original list of marriages today, I noticed that they were in fact married in the Church of Massaquano, Vico Equense in 1876 - they don't seem to have included an attachment for this church. This leads me to believe that my theory is correct, first husband died early. Go back and check the list. I'll reread what you have written here and get back to you later when I'm more awake.
Angela
I'll have to get back to you later, but just a very quick answer to your question about Lucia and Lorenzo's first marriage in 1876. It was a Church marriage, as I had suspected, and I have now confirmed this by rechecking the link I sent you. While I had checked the Church Marriage Index attachment included, and didn't see them there - (the list pertained to a different church in the town), when I rechecked the original list of marriages today, I noticed that they were in fact married in the Church of Massaquano, Vico Equense in 1876 - they don't seem to have included an attachment for this church. This leads me to believe that my theory is correct, first husband died early. Go back and check the list. I'll reread what you have written here and get back to you later when I'm more awake.
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Caccioppoli
Here's the full name of the Church that they were married in with some added info. (If I try and edit my previous post I'll lose everything - I've been having issues posting.)
"The parish of San Giovanni Battista in Massaquano, Italia is the oldest parish in Vico Equense. The records start in 1595. The oldest recorded Caccioppoli is Giovanni Andrea Caccioppolo, the father of Ferrante Caccioppolo, baptized 25 feb 1599"
Angela
"The parish of San Giovanni Battista in Massaquano, Italia is the oldest parish in Vico Equense. The records start in 1595. The oldest recorded Caccioppoli is Giovanni Andrea Caccioppolo, the father of Ferrante Caccioppolo, baptized 25 feb 1599"
Angela