Help with translation of death record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
A14o
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 14 Mar 2025, 15:33

Help with translation of death record

Post by A14o »

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help translate this page in a marriage processetti. I believe it’s a death record for Ignazio Fortino, the grandfather of the spouse Teresa Fortino

Thanks in advance!

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 64/5Va9jWP
Danip
Elite
Elite
Posts: 295
Joined: 29 Aug 2024, 14:52

Re: Help with translation of death record

Post by Danip »

It's the transcription of the death record of Ignazio Fortino, deceased on December 13th, 1810, 72 years old, peasant as job, living in the aforementoned Commune (Domanico Superiore), Sotto il Ticcapece(?), son of the both deceased Lorenzo and Rosa(?) Felice De Domenico.
A14o
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: 14 Mar 2025, 15:33

Re: Help with translation of death record

Post by A14o »

Thanks so much for your help! I wanted to confirm it looks like his father’s name is Lorenzo, so that’s very helpful. Do you have think that says “de Domenico” as opposed to “de Donnici”?

Thanks again!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Help with translation of death record

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

The town (hamlet) mentioned in the record is definitely Donnici Inferiore which is where this record was sent in from. I don't read Domenico anywhere in the record.

Angela
Post Reply