Would someone please translate this record. I honestly do not know what I am looking at. I guess I have been on this computer too long today. It is the record on the left side of the page. I think that whole page is his record if I am not mistaken. I am having trouble with the handwriting. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
Mary
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... e7?lang=en
Translation of death record for Paolo Di Fulco
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Translation of death record for Paolo Di Fulco
Corleone, December 3rd, 1851.
Record n° 277.
Death record of Paolo Di Fulco, deceased on December 3rd, 1851 at 13 o'clock, 64 years old, husband of Domenica Pajetta(?), born in Corleone, porter as job, living in Via S. Iginno(?), son of the both deceased Leoluca and Calogera Mangiameli.
Record n° 277.
Death record of Paolo Di Fulco, deceased on December 3rd, 1851 at 13 o'clock, 64 years old, husband of Domenica Pajetta(?), born in Corleone, porter as job, living in Via S. Iginno(?), son of the both deceased Leoluca and Calogera Mangiameli.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Translation of death record for Paolo Di Fulco
I was just looking at this too. You are quicker than me. (I’m having lots of problems posting on the forum.
I am reading:
Death Record No 377
He died on 2 December 1851 at 1 pm
Angela
I am reading:
Death Record No 377
He died on 2 December 1851 at 1 pm
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Translation of death record for Paolo Di Fulco
I'm wondering whether the street Paolo lived in was Via. S.Agostino and that what was written in the record is an abbreviation.
Angela
Angela
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Translation of death record for Paolo Di Fulco
Thanks for all the help. Paolo's death record is the only record that shows his mother as Calogera Mangiameli. His birth and marriage records show her as Calogera Terrano. His son Leoluca married Catharina Saporito whose mother was Catharina Mangiameli. I wonder if the record keeper could have somehow entered the name incorrectly. Any thoughts on this?
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Translation of death record for Paolo Di Fulco
Hi Mary
No, I don’t think that an error has been made by the scribe because on checking through previous translations here on the Forum, there is a Church Death Record for whom I believe to be the same person. I’ll try and link the translation here. You need to scroll down because there was an error made in the date of death when it was transcribed. It should’ve read died “2 December 1851”, not 2 January 1852.
“2 January 1852 (but in actual fact it was 2 December 1851)
Paolo Di Fulco, 64 years old, husband of Domenica, whose parents are unknown, son of the late Leoneluca and Calogera Mangiameli, once married, provided with all the sacraments by the Reverend De Catalinotto, died in communion with the Holy Roman Church. Buried in the church ????
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... li#p345836
It could be though that those reporting both the Civil and the Church record got Paolo Di Fulco’s mother's name incorrect, but I don’t think so.
The other thing that I want to mention is that his wife’s name in the Civil Record should read “Domenica Proietta/Projetta”. She was a foundling.
Angela
No, I don’t think that an error has been made by the scribe because on checking through previous translations here on the Forum, there is a Church Death Record for whom I believe to be the same person. I’ll try and link the translation here. You need to scroll down because there was an error made in the date of death when it was transcribed. It should’ve read died “2 December 1851”, not 2 January 1852.
“2 January 1852 (but in actual fact it was 2 December 1851)
Paolo Di Fulco, 64 years old, husband of Domenica, whose parents are unknown, son of the late Leoneluca and Calogera Mangiameli, once married, provided with all the sacraments by the Reverend De Catalinotto, died in communion with the Holy Roman Church. Buried in the church ????
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... li#p345836
It could be though that those reporting both the Civil and the Church record got Paolo Di Fulco’s mother's name incorrect, but I don’t think so.
The other thing that I want to mention is that his wife’s name in the Civil Record should read “Domenica Proietta/Projetta”. She was a foundling.
Angela
-
italian059
- Master

- Posts: 955
- Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36
Re: Translation of death record for Paolo Di Fulco
Thanks for all your help Angela. Yes, I knew Domenica was a foundling.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
