Antenati Syntax Error Message

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CaptainCatholic
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: 11 May 2020, 05:31

Antenati Syntax Error Message

Post by CaptainCatholic »

Hi everyone! I have been trying to access records on Antenati all night last night and all day today, but I keep getting the same exact error message regardless of which town I'm searching in (same for Sicily, same for Naples, same for Puglia).

The error message is:

"An error occurred. SyntaxError: Unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON at position 4."

From what I'm seeing, it sounds like Antenati has this issue now and then. Does anyone know about how long it generally takes them to fix this? Or if there's any way to "get around it" and view the images?

Thanks so much for any help or input!! :-) Have a great day,
Tony
User avatar
MarcuccioV
Master
Master
Posts: 1903
Joined: 11 Jan 2021, 17:49
Location: West Hills, CA USA

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

Post by MarcuccioV »

I'm getting the same message. It usually gets fixed within 24 hours, but lately it seems to take longer -- I think at one point it was down for a week or so. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon. I'm at a standstill myself...
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will soon collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci Del Brusco Falera Giorgi Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

Post by darkerhorse »

Records for error same I message Sicilia the searching experienced syntax.
dngaddie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 130
Joined: 12 Nov 2018, 18:15

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

Post by dngaddie »

I am getting the same message. Maybe be fixed in a while. I have plenty to work on so will go back later.
CaptainCatholic
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: 11 May 2020, 05:31

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

Post by CaptainCatholic »

MarcuccioV wrote: 07 Aug 2026, 21:04 I'm getting the same message. It usually gets fixed within 24 hours, but lately it seems to take longer -- I think at one point it was down for a week or so. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon. I'm at a standstill myself...
Thank you very much for the feedback! Oh man, a week, that's so long - glad to hear though that it usually does get resolved eventually. I just checked now and still nothing - it's been over 24 hours now, I guess we'll see. Thanks again!
CaptainCatholic
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: 11 May 2020, 05:31

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

Post by CaptainCatholic »

darkerhorse wrote: 07 Aug 2026, 21:46 Records for error same I message Sicilia the searching experienced syntax.
Thank you for your input! Hopefully it is fixed soon!
CaptainCatholic
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: 11 May 2020, 05:31

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

Post by CaptainCatholic »

dngaddie wrote: 08 Aug 2026, 01:16 I am getting the same message. Maybe be fixed in a while. I have plenty to work on so will go back later.
Yeah, I'm trying to find other projects to keep myself busy in the meantime - but really just wanting Antenati back up and running! Thanks for your input!
Farassino
Master
Master
Posts: 787
Joined: 16 May 2024, 17:05

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

Post by Farassino »

IMG_0887.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
teckat
Elite
Elite
Posts: 393
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 18:05

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

Post by teckat »

received this message on Portale Antenati

SyntaxError: Unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON at position 4 (line 1 column 5) as of today ???
CaptainCatholic
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: 11 May 2020, 05:31

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

Post by CaptainCatholic »

Farassino wrote: 08 Aug 2026, 17:55 IMG_0887.jpeg

Ah, thank you very much for the update! So they're updating the site - as of now, it's 9:00am on Monday 8/10/26... still no access to the site. I first noticed the issue on the night of Thursday 8/6/26. Wondering how long the update will take?
CaptainCatholic
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: 11 May 2020, 05:31

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

Post by CaptainCatholic »

teckat wrote: 08 Aug 2026, 23:24 received this message on Portale Antenati

SyntaxError: Unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON at position 4 (line 1 column 5) as of today ???


Yes! Unfortunately it's been down since at least Thursday 8/6 (that's when I noticed it at least). Still down as of today 😥
dngaddie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 130
Joined: 12 Nov 2018, 18:15

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

Post by dngaddie »

I tried to get in twice today. I guess we just have to wait it out until fixed.
CaptainCatholic
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: 11 May 2020, 05:31

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

Post by CaptainCatholic »

dngaddie wrote: 10 Aug 2026, 22:30 I tried to get in twice today. I guess we just have to wait it out until fixed.

I was in the same boat, but I checked just now and it appears to be working!!!!!!
teckat
Elite
Elite
Posts: 393
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 18:05

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

Post by teckat »

Antenati site is Down --message below

Has an error establishing a redis connection
CaptainCatholic
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: 11 May 2020, 05:31

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

Post by CaptainCatholic »

teckat wrote: 12 Aug 2026, 18:47 Antenati site is Down --message below

Has an error establishing a redis connection

Oh wow, you're right! This is pretty bad - Antenati has been down constantly over the past several months. Does anyone know why there has been so many problems recently?

Fingers crossed it comes back online very soon!
Post Reply