Anna Marri

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dngaddie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 130
Joined: 12 Nov 2018, 18:15

Re: Anna Marri

Post by dngaddie »

was wondering about church for Giuiseppe Cornetta and Emmanuele Pepe. They married 10 March 1891 in Altavilla Silentina. On marriage document I have just say married by mayor but no mention of church.I will try to look and see if I can find.

Thanks.
dngaddie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 130
Joined: 12 Nov 2018, 18:15

Re: Anna Marri

Post by dngaddie »

I put wrong year as was 1889. But see that site you gave went to 1865 so guess won't help.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Anna Marri

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Donna, the records for your town on that site cover the years 1809-1945 inclusive. You are so fortunate because often they only go to 1910.

1809-1815 incl here:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search- ... _ss%3ANati
(Click on Espandi to view the types of records and relative years)

1866-1945 incl here: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search- ... 0Silentina
(Click on Espandi to view the types of records and relative years)

You already have 1816-1865 inclusive but I'll post again to keep them altogether: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search- ... 0Silentina (Click on espandi to view the types of records and relative years)

A lot of people have been having problems with the antenati site so you might not be able to access any records at the moment. I haven't rechecked.

All the best.

Angela
dngaddie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 130
Joined: 12 Nov 2018, 18:15

Re: Anna Marri

Post by dngaddie »

Angela Thanks again. I will try to look up. Will let you know how I do.

Donna
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Anna Marri

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

All the best with that. The antenati site is up and running again. If you need any help, let me know.

Angela
dngaddie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 130
Joined: 12 Nov 2018, 18:15

Re: Anna Marri

Post by dngaddie »

went in several times. It kept coming up error. I guess they having problems.
dngaddie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 130
Joined: 12 Nov 2018, 18:15

Re: Anna Marri

Post by dngaddie »

Angela Went in today. Found 1869 wedding. But being in Italian I couldn't find Cornetta and Pepe. Thanks for any help or what I am doing wrong.
Donna
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Anna Marri

Post by mmogno »

Marriage record #5, for Giuseppe Cornetta and Emmanuela Pepe. They married 10 March 1889 in Altavilla Silentina.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 83/LaZEQlk
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
dngaddie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 130
Joined: 12 Nov 2018, 18:15

Re: Anna Marri

Post by dngaddie »

Thanks to mmogno. I was trying to find if church mentioned. Angela wrote that sometimes they were. The site won't let me in. Says an error.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Anna Marri

Post by mmogno »

Between 1870 and 1929, the Kingdom of Italy did not recognise church weddings. Consequently, if a couple wanted to be married by both the Italian state and the Church, they had to hold two separate weddings. As civil and religious marriages were distinct, the marriage certificate contained no information regarding the religious ceremony.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Anna Marri

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

dngaddie wrote: 11 Aug 2026, 17:19 Thanks to mmogno. I was trying to find if church mentioned. Angela wrote that sometimes they were. The site won't let me in. Says an error.

Donna I have never seen a church marriage recorded on a marriage record for the time period you have been looking for. I’m really sorry that I confused you or gave you false hope with how I phrased my remark.

FYI Tessa had already located the ”1889” Marriage record pertaining to Giuseppe Cornetta and Emmanuele Pepe, and also extracted the vital information. She is very thorough and I know she would’ve noted any extra annotations or details.
https://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/ ... t=Cornetta

Hopefully the antenati site will be up and running soon. You have some really fantastic records there. Best to you with your future searches.

Angela
dngaddie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 130
Joined: 12 Nov 2018, 18:15

Re: Anna Marri

Post by dngaddie »

Angela Thanks for additional information. From what my Grandmother told me her parents were very religious. All the children were baptized. I have the baptism records for US. All the children except the one was born here in America.

I didn't know about the church not being allowed on records during those years.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Anna Marri

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

@dngaddie

Donna, it is mmogno :D that you should be thanking for the "additional information" not me. See below:
mmogno wrote: 11 Aug 2026, 19:44 Between 1870 and 1929, the Kingdom of Italy did not recognise church weddings. Consequently, if a couple wanted to be married by both the Italian state and the Church, they had to hold two separate weddings. As civil and religious marriages were distinct, the marriage certificate contained no information regarding the religious ceremony.

Angela
dngaddie
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 130
Joined: 12 Nov 2018, 18:15

Re: Anna Marri

Post by dngaddie »

mmogno Thanks for all the information. I didn't know about Church records. As I posted you all have helped me a lot.
Post Reply