Hello,
Please fill in the blanks translating
Thanks much
archdiocese agrigento
SMB marr 1660-1683 folio3 verso image 023 left side 1st record.
February 10 1661
i see groom's father as Giuseppe Di Maggio alive and mother as Leonarda (looks like Gennusa almost same as bride's mother surname oddly) can't tell if another town
bride's parents as deceased father Sancta Cacioppo and not indicated if alive mother Lauria lo Geniasua
Best
Linda
Alois-Aloysuis- Luigi Di Maggio e Calogera Cacioppo
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: Alois-Aloysuis- Luigi Di Maggio e Calogera Cacioppo
Linda
I don’t agree with the first name of the bride’s father or the surname of her mother, but I’ve been looking at the Latin record since you posted your request and still can’t decipher the handwriting accurately. Maybe mmogno will do better. Both of her parents were deceased at the time of this marriage.
Erudita
I don’t agree with the first name of the bride’s father or the surname of her mother, but I’ve been looking at the Latin record since you posted your request and still can’t decipher the handwriting accurately. Maybe mmogno will do better. Both of her parents were deceased at the time of this marriage.
Erudita
Re: Alois-Aloysuis- Luigi Di Maggio e Calogera Cacioppo
@erudita74erudita74 wrote: 13 Aug 2026, 15:41 Linda
I don’t agree with the first name of the bride’s father or the surname of her mother, but I’ve been looking at the Latin record since you posted your request and still can’t decipher the handwriting accurately. Maybe mmogno will do better. Both of her parents were deceased at the time of this marriage.
Erudita
Il nome del padre della sposa, secondo me, è Salvatore, scritto come sarva - turi.
Il cognome vero potrebbe essere Beviacqua, scritto male anche questo.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Alois-Aloysuis- Luigi Di Maggio e Calogera Cacioppo
@mmogno
I was actually contemplating the first name being Salvatore. I just found that the couple had a son named Salvatore baptized Dec14, 1671, image 198, bottom right record.
There actually is a Salvatore Cacioppo whose wife was a Lauria Viviano. I kept wondering if the priests in the marriage record had spelled Viviano as it’s spelled in the record and not with its actual spelling.
Erudita
I was actually contemplating the first name being Salvatore. I just found that the couple had a son named Salvatore baptized Dec14, 1671, image 198, bottom right record.
There actually is a Salvatore Cacioppo whose wife was a Lauria Viviano. I kept wondering if the priests in the marriage record had spelled Viviano as it’s spelled in the record and not with its actual spelling.
Erudita
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: Alois-Aloysuis- Luigi Di Maggio e Calogera Cacioppo
@erudita74
is Gennusa a viable surname?
Do you think the surname is Viviano or Beviacqua for bride's mother's surname
thank you much
@mmogno
thank you for your input.
it is appreciated.
Best
Linda
is Gennusa a viable surname?
Do you think the surname is Viviano or Beviacqua for bride's mother's surname
thank you much
@mmogno
thank you for your input.
it is appreciated.
Best
Linda
Re: Alois-Aloysuis- Luigi Di Maggio e Calogera Cacioppo
Linda
I’m reserving judgment on the surnames until I can find some definitive proof about their correct spellings.
Anyway, I found three more records (two baptism) and one death record for children of this couple.
1. Baptism of Leonarda Maggio daughter of Aloi di Maio and Calogera Cacioppo, Dec 24, 1663, folio 124, image 097, 3rd down on left. Godparents Filippo and Maria Rabbito.
2. Baptism of Lauria same parents. Not in index. Baptized Oct 19, 1669. Folio 279, image 173, 2nd from the top. Godparents Nicola and Maria Bevillino(?)
3.death of Lauria at about age ? Dated May 25, 1672, image 059, last one on left. The age looks to be about anni 41, that’s not correct. Maybe it was supposed to be about age 4. folio 30.
I’m reserving judgment on the surnames until I can find some definitive proof about their correct spellings.
Anyway, I found three more records (two baptism) and one death record for children of this couple.
1. Baptism of Leonarda Maggio daughter of Aloi di Maio and Calogera Cacioppo, Dec 24, 1663, folio 124, image 097, 3rd down on left. Godparents Filippo and Maria Rabbito.
2. Baptism of Lauria same parents. Not in index. Baptized Oct 19, 1669. Folio 279, image 173, 2nd from the top. Godparents Nicola and Maria Bevillino(?)
3.death of Lauria at about age ? Dated May 25, 1672, image 059, last one on left. The age looks to be about anni 41, that’s not correct. Maybe it was supposed to be about age 4. folio 30.
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: Alois-Aloysuis- Luigi Di Maggio e Calogera Cacioppo
@erudita74
ok understand
i also saw Bevilacqua in genealogy thread
and in another record i saw vivan but that could be living lol that is why i questioned viviano and i saw it in a response somewhere. too many to remember which response
ooo goody thanks for the records
will look them up and add them
Best
Linda
ok understand
i also saw Bevilacqua in genealogy thread
and in another record i saw vivan but that could be living lol that is why i questioned viviano and i saw it in a response somewhere. too many to remember which response
ooo goody thanks for the records
will look them up and add them
Best
Linda
Re: Alois-Aloysuis- Luigi Di Maggio e Calogera Cacioppo
Linda
More children born to this couple
Feb 19, 1676, folio 82, image 072, left side 4th down, daughter Grazia
April 27, 1677 folio 119, image 90, last record on right daughter Anna
April 18, 1680, folio 227, image 144, first full record on right-son Antonio Pietro
More children born to this couple
Feb 19, 1676, folio 82, image 072, left side 4th down, daughter Grazia
April 27, 1677 folio 119, image 90, last record on right daughter Anna
April 18, 1680, folio 227, image 144, first full record on right-son Antonio Pietro
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: Alois-Aloysuis- Luigi Di Maggio e Calogera Cacioppo
@erudita74
thank you very much!
Best
Linda
thank you very much!
Best
Linda