Need help with the surname Furo (Louis Furo)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
figaro66
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 94
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 01:51

Need help with the surname Furo (Louis Furo)

Post by figaro66 »

Hello to all, Any help is greatly appreciated. I am in need of a break through. I have a Louis Furo born Dec 16,1888 in Grugli Italy, I never heard of this place but it is listed on his WW2 draft and Social Security. Louis states he came to america 1905 he was a coal miner in Minnesota. He states his parents are Fortunato Furo and Maria Bendotti. His only son he named him Leo Frank Furo. Louis Furo died in 1948 in Wisconsin. I haven't been able to find a Naturalization document or a ship manifest. If anyone willing to take a stab at this I would really appreciate it.

If this helps he stated on his WW2 draft that his brother Geo Furo is his nearest relative. I have searched that as well.
Danip
Elite
Elite
Posts: 295
Joined: 29 Aug 2024, 14:52

Re: Need help with the surname Furo (Louis Furo)

Post by Danip »

There is a city named Grugliasco in Piemonte, Northern Italy.
His mother's surname looks more from Lombardia, but I need to see them in documents to find out more.
Please contact me.
Post Reply