archdiocese agrigento
folio 52 versa bottom left and top right folio 53 recto
SMB
image 80
you win the prize if you can decipher this! especially the wife
i think it starts off with banns info i think i see Calogero sciara and bits here and there.
September 6 1654
it is not in index sadly
Please translate
Thanks
Linda
calogero sciara e not sure
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: calogero sciara e not sure
this is my guess:
calogero sciara e Margherita Randazzo
groom's parents are joseph Sciara and Rocca La Manno
bride's parents are Leonardo Randazzo and Agnibu
what do you think?
calogero sciara e Margherita Randazzo
groom's parents are joseph Sciara and Rocca La Manno
bride's parents are Leonardo Randazzo and Agnibu
what do you think?
Re: calogero sciara e not sure
Calogero son of the late Giuseppe Xiara [Sciara] and Rocca La Mano [Lamanno], formerly a married couple, of this land Santa Margherita, AND [blank] daughter of Leonardo Randazzo and Angela Randazzo, a married couple, of the same land [SMB]
The given name of the bride is missing. The "Margherita" you see is actually the name of the town Santa Margherita.
I did this one 5 years ago. Calogero's sister Rosalia was my 8th great-grandmother. I haven't come across any records for their children. What is my prize?
The given name of the bride is missing. The "Margherita" you see is actually the name of the town Santa Margherita.
I did this one 5 years ago. Calogero's sister Rosalia was my 8th great-grandmother. I haven't come across any records for their children. What is my prize?
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: calogero sciara e not sure
@carubia
thank you
the prize is the pride of being able to decipher the messy record
I do not have any children for them either at this time
Best
Linda
thank you
the prize is the pride of being able to decipher the messy record
I do not have any children for them either at this time
Best
Linda