Hello could someone help with the translation of the church birth and death records of my GGM from Gaggio Montano. From the marriage record her father's name was listed as Giovanni Antonio, but the mother was not listed there unfortunately. I did look through the some of the published birth indexes for Gaggio, and the last name starting with "N" Naldi does seem to prominent... I think that maybe what that is what I'm reading for her mother's last name on these documents.
Thank you!
D.
Help Translating the birth and death of Maria Picchioni
Re: Help Translating the birth and death of Maria Picchioni
Baptism record for Domenica Maria Picchioni dated Dec 6, 1760. She was baptized on the stated day, the 6th. Parents Giovanni Antonio Picchioni and Caterina Naldi, spouses. Godmother: Domenica Picchioni. Signed by archpriest, Pietro Antonio Capponi.
Re: Help Translating the birth and death of Maria Picchioni
The death record is dated Nov 26, 1847. Maria Domenica (her name is reversed on this record) Picchioni, daughter of deceased Giovanni Antonio Picchioni and deceased Caterina Naldi, age 77, property owner living on via Torre under the parish of S. Michele. She died on the stated day at 9 P.M. armed with the Sacraments of Confession, Communion, Secreted oil, and recommendation of the soul (I’m guessing that the last two items are referring to the sacrament of Extreme Unction, or Last Rites. She was buried in the cemetery of this church. Signed by Antonio Ramazzini, archpriest
Re: Help Translating the birth and death of Maria Picchioni
Thank you so much Erudita! I looked at that month forever on the Baptism trying to figure it out...now seeing its December. Is that shorthand Xbris?
Re: Help Translating the birth and death of Maria Picchioni
Diego
Old Roman calendar 7bris (September), 8bris (October), 9bris (November), Xbris(December)
Erudita
Old Roman calendar 7bris (September), 8bris (October), 9bris (November), Xbris(December)
Erudita
Re: Help Translating the birth and death of Maria Picchioni
Got it thank you!

