SMB marriages for 1683 to 1723, it is folio #67, image 63 bottom record on right. Sept 4, 1689
archdiocese agrigento
What are the parent's names of the bride?
does the groom's mother name look like Clara or Elenor?
thank you
Linda
pietro cicio e caterina giambalvo
Re: pietro cicio e caterina giambalvo
Linda
Going out on a limb here. I see a 1662 marriage in SMB for a Nicholas Giambalvo and Anna Maria Tumminello. I think these are the bride’s parents in your record. The record I looked at was in SMB matrimoni 1660-1683 Sept 8, 1662, folio 9,image 29, left page. The Tumminello family was from Sambuca.
I think Clara is the groom’s mother.
Erudita
Going out on a limb here. I see a 1662 marriage in SMB for a Nicholas Giambalvo and Anna Maria Tumminello. I think these are the bride’s parents in your record. The record I looked at was in SMB matrimoni 1660-1683 Sept 8, 1662, folio 9,image 29, left page. The Tumminello family was from Sambuca.
I think Clara is the groom’s mother.
Erudita
Re: pietro cicio e caterina giambalvo
Marriage on 4 September 1689 of Pietro Cicio, son of the late don Giovanni Maria Cicio and Clara Giacone of the parish of Sambuca, to Caterina Giambalvo, who had never been married, daughter of Nicola Giambalvo and Anna Maria Tumminello of this parish of Santa Margherita.
Baptism of Caterina, daughter of Nicola Giambalvo and Anna Maria Tumminello, on 10 November 1665 in SMB, image 122, f. 177, fifth record.
Marriage of Giovanni Maria Cicio to Clara Giacone in Sambuca, on 27 February 1656, image 136, f. 136, record no. 21.
Baptism of Caterina, daughter of Nicola Giambalvo and Anna Maria Tumminello, on 10 November 1665 in SMB, image 122, f. 177, fifth record.
Marriage of Giovanni Maria Cicio to Clara Giacone in Sambuca, on 27 February 1656, image 136, f. 136, record no. 21.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: pietro cicio e caterina giambalvo
BTW, Clara is Latin (and English) for the Italian name Chiara. There are a lot of words and names that are of the form bl, pl, fl, cl in Latin and bi, pi, fi, chi in Italian.
You really should be asking me directly for translations of Agrigento marriage records before asking on the forum. I already have an index in Excel for all the marriage records of SMB and photographs of all the records from the town on my computer. Anyone else would have to go to the diocese's website and go through many screens just to get to the record.
Baptismal and death records are a different matter, as the only index copies I have for them are photographs of the original ones, which are difficult to read and tedious to go through, so I am not as eager to look them up.
You really should be asking me directly for translations of Agrigento marriage records before asking on the forum. I already have an index in Excel for all the marriage records of SMB and photographs of all the records from the town on my computer. Anyone else would have to go to the diocese's website and go through many screens just to get to the record.
Baptismal and death records are a different matter, as the only index copies I have for them are photographs of the original ones, which are difficult to read and tedious to go through, so I am not as eager to look them up.
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: pietro cicio e caterina giambalvo
@mmogno and @carubia Thank you much
@erudita- when i look at nicholas marriage i see 3 dates at top and am thinking these are bann dates as i see Sept 10 at bottom of record - could the date of marriage be September 10th
thank you much also
@erudita- when i look at nicholas marriage i see 3 dates at top and am thinking these are bann dates as i see Sept 10 at bottom of record - could the date of marriage be September 10th
thank you much also
Re: pietro cicio e caterina giambalvo
Good catch, Linda. The banns were on Aug 27th and the 3rd and 8th of Sept. Marriage on the 10th.
Erudita
Erudita
-
lindamauer
- Master

- Posts: 1002
- Joined: 12 Mar 2017, 03:49
Re: pietro cicio e caterina giambalvo
@erudita
thanks for confirming
best
Linda
thanks for confirming
best
Linda