We are visiting Italy in Oct 2026, I am planning to visit Pagani, Compania, Salerno during our visit. I know I have descendants from that area. If there is any families that share the same bloodline, still living in Pagaini, I would like to get in touch. Here is what I know:
August 13, 1859, at town hall in Pagani appeared, Luigi Cinque, a single man, age 24, born in this town, tenant farmer, son of the late Francesco (Cinque) and of Brigida Ragosa, who lives with her son, and Filomena Cascone, a single woman, age 22, born in Pagani, daughter of Tobia, tenant farmer, who lives with his daughter, and Lucrezia Caucello? who lives with them, who in the presence of witnesses requested to be married. We honored the request after reviewing the following documents:
he birth record of Gabriele Cinque is at the link below. Key data transcribed. His occupation is listed a colono, same as in several other records, not giornaliere, so I think at least that part of the transcription you have seems inaccurate. The witness (Angelo Fedele) occupation is gionaliere.
September 19, 1862 at town hall in Pagani, appeared Luigi Cinque, age 26, tenant farmer (colono), son of the late Tommaso, and presented a male child that he declared was born on September 18, 1862 of his wife Filomena Cascone, age 22, daughter of Tobia,
and the child was given the name of Gabriele.
Death record of Tommaso Cinque
February 3, 1862 at town hall in Pagani, appeared Giuseppe Pepe, age 40, tenant farmer (colono), and Andrea di Martino age 71 who reported the death, at his home, on February 2, 1862 of Tommaso Cinque, age 62, tenant farmer, born in Pagani, son of the late Giuseppe, and of ______ Desiderio, and husband of Maria Luigia di Martino.
Luigi Cinque was born on 28 April 1835, to Tommaso Cinque, 38 yo, who was the son of "Antonio Cinque" His mother was Brigida Ragosa, daughter of deceased Luigi Ragosa.(Birth Extract of Act No 143)
If you take a look at the Notification Extract of No 55, it also tells us that Luigi Cinque, was the son of the deceased Tommaso (Cinque) and Brigida Ragosa. I believe that there is an error in the "original" marriage record posted here, where it says that Luigi Cinque was the son of deceased "Francesco" It should read deceased "Tommaso" but the clerk misread the "Notification" and instead wrote the mayor's name "Francesco
LOCATING DISTANT RELATIVES CINQUE
Re: LOCATING DISTANT RELATIVES CINQUE
Hello!
As you may remember, my town of origin is Pagani, and my mother and sister still live there.
I'd be glad to know you and assist you for and during your stay.
I remember there was a Cinque who had a travel agency in Pagani, but I don't know if he still does, and if is related.
If you want, I can look for someone who descends from your same branch of family, if you remind me who was the first who moved to the USA
As you may remember, my town of origin is Pagani, and my mother and sister still live there.
I'd be glad to know you and assist you for and during your stay.
I remember there was a Cinque who had a travel agency in Pagani, but I don't know if he still does, and if is related.
If you want, I can look for someone who descends from your same branch of family, if you remind me who was the first who moved to the USA
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: LOCATING DISTANT RELATIVES CINQUE
Thank you Pippo for all your past help. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. The first of the Family was Alessandro Cinque. Not sure of the exact year he emigrated I believe it would have been in the 1880’s
Re: LOCATING DISTANT RELATIVES CINQUE
I guess this is your Alessandro:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 45/5863Mok
If so, we should look for possible descendants of his siblings, correct?
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 45/5863Mok
If so, we should look for possible descendants of his siblings, correct?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: LOCATING DISTANT RELATIVES CINQUE
The link you sent me is a bad gateway, so not sure if that is the correct Alessandro.
He was born Nov 5 1863bin Pagani, Salerno, campainia. Father was Luigi mother was Philomena Gracia Marie Benendetto
He was born Nov 5 1863bin Pagani, Salerno, campainia. Father was Luigi mother was Philomena Gracia Marie Benendetto
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: LOCATING DISTANT RELATIVES CINQUE
Here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: LOCATING DISTANT RELATIVES CINQUE
Cognome: Cinque
Nome: Alessandro
Paternità: Luigi e Cascone Filomena
Località di nascita: Pagani
Data di nascita: 02/11/1863
Professione: giornaliere
Anno di leva: 1863
Comune di leva: Pagani
Volume: 2
Serie: Leva
N. Progressivo: 24
Nome: Alessandro
Paternità: Luigi e Cascone Filomena
Località di nascita: Pagani
Data di nascita: 02/11/1863
Professione: giornaliere
Anno di leva: 1863
Comune di leva: Pagani
Volume: 2
Serie: Leva
N. Progressivo: 24
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
