Palma in 1920 or 1930 Census

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
abruscino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: 27 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: California

Re: Palma in 1920 or 1930 Census

Post by abruscino »

I've got nothing else. Except that just tonight I looked at my baptism certificate (Rose is my Godmother) and found out that Rose's proper name was Rosaleen. I'm going crazy with all the different names. Luckily the SSA didn't take strange nick names, or Martin would be listed as "Shorty" and Carmen would be "Mince."
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Palma in 1920 or 1930 Census

Post by wldspirit »

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...........Sorry.......but I've been following this post and your last comment about names had me laughing.....I do sympathize with you.........our ancestors didn't always make our research easy....... :P
wldspirit
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Palma in 1920 or 1930 Census

Post by nuccia »

SSDI for Carmen..

Social Security Death Index Record
about Carmen Palma
Name: Carmen Palma
SSN: xxx-xx-xxxx
Born: 18 Dec 1918
Died: Mar 1971
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951 )

Social Security Death Index Record
about Carmen Palma
Name: Carmen Palma
SSN: xxx-xx-xxxx
Born: 24 Feb 1915
Died: Nov 1974
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951 )

nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
abruscino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: 27 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: California

Re: Palma in 1920 or 1930 Census

Post by abruscino »

nuccia wrote:SSDI for Carmen..

Social Security Death Index Record
about Carmen Palma
Name Carmen Palma
SSN xxx-xx-xxxx
Born 18 Dec 1918
Died Mar 1971
State (Year) SSN issued New York (Before 1951 )

Social Security Death Index Record
about Carmen Palma
Name Carmen Palma
SSN xxx-xx-xxxx
Born 24 Feb 1915
Died Nov 1974
State (Year) SSN issued New York (Before 1951 )

nuccia
The first one would be correct since my grandmother (assunta) was born in 1915.

Here's another name change. While looking at Tessie's family in the 1910 census there is a brother named Robert born in 1906. Well there is no record or mention of a Robert in the family, so I figured he probably died as a child. Now while looking at my family tree program I notice that I have Robert and Ralph both born in 1906, so I realize that they must be the same person. I just don't understand how this child is Robert in 1910, but he becomes Ralph in 1920 and stays that way in 1930.

And yet another. Tessie's father in the 1910, 1920 and 1930 census is listed as Anthony, but his given name was Carmen or Carman. He apparently prefered to use his middle name.

Will this name changing insanity ever stop?
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Palma in 1920 or 1930 Census

Post by nuccia »

This is too much for me right now.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will try to check in tomorrow when I get in from work and see if I understand it better. Any other "surprises" you want to share with us??? :D :D

nuccia
User avatar
sextont
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 21 Nov 2008, 06:16

Re: Palma in 1920 or 1930 Census

Post by sextont »

I believe that we are related. I am Florence Sullivan's (Palma) great-granddaughter. I have been doing research into our family's genealogy recently and came across this post. If you are still working on it, please respond. Hopefully, I will hear from you. By the way, my mom named me after Tessitore.

Terese (related to Florence Sullivan nee Palma by way of daughter, Clara, and my mother, Gloria).
User avatar
abruscino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: 27 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: California

Re: Palma in 1920 or 1930 Census

Post by abruscino »

sextont wrote:I believe that we are related. I am Florence Sullivan's (Palma) great-granddaughter. I have been doing research into our family's genealogy recently and came across this post. If you are still working on it, please respond. Hopefully, I will hear from you. By the way, my mom named me after Tessitore.

Terese (related to Florence Sullivan nee Palma by way of daughter, Clara, and my mother, Gloria).
Hi Teresa - Just sent you a private message.
Post Reply