I am working on my family tree, on my mothers side...her father Cirino Urrata I cannot find a record in Ellis Island, did find my grandmother's Lucrezia Martinez( Martino??) two son's she traveled with....they mispelled Lentini, spelling it as Sentini on the passenger list....the boys were Francesco age 4 and Fildepfo age 1, ( family says he was 2) the date of their arrival was on May 6th, 1909 on the ship Lazio.....They came in through Ellis Island, then boarded a ship going to New Orleans where they settled.
I found a Cirino Urrata coming later,(1914) but found out this was a nephew of my grandfathers.
We think my grandfather arrived in America around 1906, no records showing this and have thought maybe he worked on a ship coming to the states, but that raises the question how did he manage to stay in American without going through a port?? We know he did work of the railroad in NYC, then went to Omaha to be with relatives.My cousin checked records in New Orleans to see if he came into the Port of New Orleans, no record there..
Is there anywhere else we can search?? I tried to look up census for 1930, nothing...someone at one time sent me one but the name was mispelled, Uritti or something like that,the chlidren listed (10) were correct, so I know it was the right one....
Another question?? how do I get back to this posted page to check for replies?? without going through every post...I tried the posted in one day or 5 days etc.....it tells me no post... would appreciate knowing how I get back to this post. for now I will mark this page in my special place.
Thank you for any help on this matter
Ceil23



