Hi, Im looking for the genealogy of my family. My name is Jose Miguel Aragon Russo from Colombia.
I know my Great Grandfather was Miguel Russo, He migrate to Colombia with two brothers Vicente and other (I dont know his name) between 1917 and 1921. Miguel Russo was born approximately between 1889 and 1894.
Sorry but I have no more information.
If anybody knows anything about it will be real great, maybe from where they were (Provincia, City), moreless age of birth, where can I find his birth civil records, any thing...
Thanks
Russo brothers emigrate to Colombia
Re: Russo brothers emigrate to Colombia
unfortunately Michele and Vincenzo Russo are both such common names even today that unless you have some more info there's no hope of finding anything. Just to show you the numbers today in the province of Napoli alone there are 94 Michele Russo and more than 200 Vincenzo Russo.
Marco
Marco
Chi fûr li maggior tui?
Re: Russo brothers emigrate to Colombia
Marco, thank you for your info.
Do you know from were are the Russo surname?, maybe with this I can search civil records by internet.
jmarusso
Do you know from were are the Russo surname?, maybe with this I can search civil records by internet.
jmarusso
Re: Russo brothers emigrate to Colombia
Were the brothers married in Columbia?
Perhaps if you locate marriage records on them it may reveal the town of origin.
Are there parish records to be found?
By pulling as much documentation as you can there in Columbia, you may discover additional clues to follow.
wldspirit
Perhaps if you locate marriage records on them it may reveal the town of origin.
Are there parish records to be found?
By pulling as much documentation as you can there in Columbia, you may discover additional clues to follow.
wldspirit
Re: Russo brothers emigrate to Colombia
The most common surname in Italy is Rossi (Reds), the southern Italiy variation is Russo which has the same meaning of Red in the southern italian dialects, although in Italian it means Russian. Why there are so many reds in Italy I don't really know
I think I read five or six different explanation which are probably all true. I don't think there's a single place of origin unfortunately. The only think I can say is that they were from southern Italy! Try and search any other information; wives? other relatives? There should be an immigration paper with the name of the parents of Michele? Any family legend?
Marco
Marco
Chi fûr li maggior tui?
Re: Russo brothers emigrate to Colombia
Ok, I will try to find the immigration paper, but any idea why emigrate to Colombia instead USA or Argentina, I mean Colombia should not be so interesting destiny in comparison with others countries.
Anyway I believe a few people must have as destiny Colombia, I dont know if I am wrong.
Wldspirit: Columbia is the same country that Colombia?
Anyway I believe a few people must have as destiny Colombia, I dont know if I am wrong.
Wldspirit: Columbia is the same country that Colombia?
Re: Russo brothers emigrate to Colombia
Today the Russo name can be found densely populated all over Italy. Look at the following web site and enter Russo in the Cognome field:
http://gens.labo.net/it/cognomi/genera.html
Anthony
http://gens.labo.net/it/cognomi/genera.html
Anthony


