Birth certificat in turin from Paris ?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
vv440
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 14 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: paris

Birth certificat in turin from Paris ?

Post by vv440 »

Within the framework of my genealogical research, I will wish to obtain the copy of the birth certificate of the following person:

Rosa Amaglio born the 03/04/1858 in Turin


Could you explain to me the procedure to follow ?

Thanks a lot.

I need your help !

Vanessa :?:

Could you please answer to my personal email : vasoyeux@yahoo.com
Vanessa
User avatar
Marco
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 83
Joined: 26 Aug 2002, 00:00
Location: Milano
Contact:

Re: Birth certificat in turin from Paris ?

Post by Marco »

Italian towns were obliged to keep the birth records only from 1866. Before that date every town acted differently and before 1861 every state had its own law. I'm afraid that in Turin you have to search for Church records and that means that you should write to the Archdiocese, and in the worst case you should know the Parish (which could be really difficult).

The addresses are
Arcidiocesi di Torino
Archivio
Via Arcivescovado, 12
10121 Torino

Anyway writing to the town-hall is worth a try they could have started recording before 1866.
The address is

Comune di Torino
Anagrafe Centrale
Via della Consolata 23
10122 Torino

good luck
Marco
Chi fûr li maggior tui?
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Birth certificat in turin from Paris ?

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Vanessa & welcome to the forum!

Just to throw a curve in....Could the town be Turina, hamlet of San Germano Chisone - province: Torino - region: Piemonte ?

Can you link the document?

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
vv440
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 14 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: paris

Re: Birth certificat in turin from Paris ?

Post by vv440 »

Thanks a lot for your answer !

I have only the file of abandonment of my back-back-grand-father on whom figure the name of his mother. It is only indicated that she was born in Turin and that her parents lived Turin.
Vanessa
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Birth certificat in turin from Paris ?

Post by jcsm400 »

There is also the town of Turin in Belarus - "Throughout much of history, the area which is now known as Belarus was part of various countries including Lithuania, Poland and the Russian Empire."

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?la ... 0&size=big


Current distribution map of surname in Italy.

http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/genera.html

Contacting the Archidiocese & city hall of Torino as suggested by Marco, appears to be your best options at this stage, but keep in mind the other locations.

Good luck in your research.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Post Reply