Hi,
I am looking for any information on my grandfather Pasqualantonio Gavita who was born in Scanno, Italy. He came to America in the 1930's and 1940's lived in Leominster,MA. He was a U.S. Consulente (as stated on his Social Security papers. He was a US and Italian citizen. During the war, he was sent to the Italian army but due to security reasons, being a Consulente, he had to serve the Italian army in Albania.
My question is, I am very interested in obtaining as much info as possible regarding theis subject but I do not know where to turn. Can someone help me please?
Thank you so much. I weel appreciate any help.
Deb Thomann
PASQUALE GAVITA: during WWII fought Italian army in Albania
Re: PASQUALE GAVITA: during WWII fought Italian army in Alba
You can request his military record from the central archives in Itlay.
http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... O+STATO%22
There are two Scanno towns in Italy. Do you know which one?
Scanno - comune: Altavilla Silentina - province: Salerno - region: Campania
Scanno - comune: Scanno - province: L'Aquila - region: Abruzzo
jcsm
http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... O+STATO%22
There are two Scanno towns in Italy. Do you know which one?
Scanno - comune: Altavilla Silentina - province: Salerno - region: Campania
Scanno - comune: Scanno - province: L'Aquila - region: Abruzzo
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: PASQUALE GAVITA: during WWII fought Italian army in Alba
Here are the addresses to write for Italian military records, BUT, I am wondering if this will fall under the Italian privacy law, which I believe is 70
years??
Maybe one of our posters in Italy will clarify on the law.
http://www.esercito.difesa.it/root/vario/Distretti.asp
wldspirit
years??
Maybe one of our posters in Italy will clarify on the law.
http://www.esercito.difesa.it/root/vario/Distretti.asp
wldspirit
Re: PASQUALE GAVITA: during WWII fought Italian army in Alba
Hi Deb, for sure it was born in Scanno town in L'Aquila province Abruzzo region;debt wrote:Hi,
I am looking for any information on my grandfather Pasqualantonio Gavita who was born in Scanno, Italy. He came to America in the 1930's and 1940's lived in Leominster,MA. He was a U.S. Consulente (as stated on his Social Security papers. He was a US and Italian citizen. During the war, he was sent to the Italian army but due to security reasons, being a Consulente, he had to serve the Italian army in Albania.
My question is, I am very interested in obtaining as much info as possible regarding theis subject but I do not know where to turn. Can someone help me please?
Thank you so much. I weel appreciate any help.
Deb Thomann
you can ask what you need by a request to link wldspirit provided you already; regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: PASQUALE GAVITA: during WWII fought Italian army in Alba
suanj,
Welcome back! We missed you. Hope everything wnt smoothly for you!
Welcome back! We missed you. Hope everything wnt smoothly for you!
Re: PASQUALE GAVITA: during WWII fought Italian army in Alba
Suanj.....the privacy law, is it 70 years??
But a relative may request records with proper identification if the request is less than 70 years??
Lee
But a relative may request records with proper identification if the request is less than 70 years??
Lee
Re: PASQUALE GAVITA: during WWII fought Italian army in Alba
Thanks nuccia and wldspirit! I glad that my internet line and my pc is ok after the house moving, the privacy law, yes it is 70 years, but ONLY for NO relatives; because debt is a grand daughter, and she can to demonstrate it, the "70 years ago" of privacy law it don't have validity! kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: PASQUALE GAVITA: during WWII fought Italian army in Alba
Hello,
Raffaella welcome back.
About the privacy law, for a military records, I have an experience to share with you.
Some months ago I wanted to request a copy of military record of my wife's grandfather, already died, who was born on 1920, it means 86 years ago.
But since the military record was 66 years old, the manager of Military District told me that the only people qualified to request this documents are the next of kins.
So the privacy law is for those documents, records younger than 70 years old.
Anyone can request any record older than 70 years ago, so the record has to be done before 1936
bye Riccardo
Raffaella welcome back.
About the privacy law, for a military records, I have an experience to share with you.
Some months ago I wanted to request a copy of military record of my wife's grandfather, already died, who was born on 1920, it means 86 years ago.
But since the military record was 66 years old, the manager of Military District told me that the only people qualified to request this documents are the next of kins.
So the privacy law is for those documents, records younger than 70 years old.
Anyone can request any record older than 70 years ago, so the record has to be done before 1936
bye Riccardo
Re: PASQUALE GAVITA: during WWII fought Italian army in Alba
Pasquale Gavita next of kin can send a request, written in italian, to have his military record to
Distretto Militare
Piazza Garibaldi
66100 Chieti
Italy
Before writing to Distretto Militare I suggest you to request a copy of his birth certificate (estratto per riassunto dell'atto di nascita) to have the right informations about him , like name, exact date of birth, name of parents
Send the request to
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Napoli
67038 Scanno (AQ)
Italy
I hope it helps,
bye Riccardo
Distretto Militare
Piazza Garibaldi
66100 Chieti
Italy
Before writing to Distretto Militare I suggest you to request a copy of his birth certificate (estratto per riassunto dell'atto di nascita) to have the right informations about him , like name, exact date of birth, name of parents
Send the request to
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Napoli
67038 Scanno (AQ)
Italy
I hope it helps,
bye Riccardo
Re: PASQUALE GAVITA: during WWII fought Italian army in Alba
Suanj,suanj wrote:Thanks nuccia and wldspirit! I glad that my internet line and my pc is ok after the house moving, the privacy law, yes it is 70 years, but ONLY for NO relatives; because debt is a grand daughter, and she can to demonstrate it, the "70 years ago" of privacy law it don't have validity! kisses, suanj
yes you are right.
Next of kins can proof to be related to the ancestor whom they are requesting some documents, so usually they don't need to wait 70 years to the request the integral copy of that record.
But they have to tell the legittimate reason why they are requesting it.
bye Riccardo



