Death Certificates, all neccessary for citizenship?
Death Certificates, all neccessary for citizenship?
Comment removed by author
Re: Death Certificates, all neccessary for citizenship?
That depends very much on your consulate. Some require documents from both sides of the family; some do not. You need to check with yours.
Re: Death Certificates, all neccessary for citizenship?
If you are in the jurisdiction of the San Fransisco consulate, you only need the death certificates for the Italian born ancestors - don't need any American born intermediate ancestors. For example, in my case, I only needed the death certificate for my Great Grandfather and my Great Grandmother, both born in Italy, died in the US. I did not need the death certificate for my Grandfather who was born and died in America.
Re: Death Certificates, all neccessary for citizenship?
Visit this site web site, it will resolve all your questionsRemus wrote:I am trying to claim Italian citizenship thru my Father->Grandfather->Great-Grandfather. Various websites say "Death certificates for anyone listed above (with apostille and translation, if for your father, grandfather, great grandfather)"
Does this mean I will also need the death certificates of my grandmother and great-grandmother? Or are these unnecessary?
http://www.italiandualcitizenship.com/
bye Riccardo


