surname TOBIA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: surname TOBIA

Post by wldspirit »

Here is another death record image of Alice and Augostino's child who was
8 years old at time of death, died from car accident. Her name was Katharine....... :(

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7442/tobiaxc8.gif

This list place of birth for each parent.......

wldspirit
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: surname TOBIA

Post by jcsm400 »

Lordie, Lisa!......Now there is a 3rd town of interest...... Glad you reposted the information. LOL

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: surname TOBIA

Post by wldspirit »

I feel so bad for this family........ :cry:

to lose two children......and that poor little girl to a car accident at that..........sad.

Lisa
User avatar
troopscott
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: usa
Contact:

Re: surname TOBIA

Post by troopscott »

glad to see the site is back up it was down for several days. Anyone know where I can check to see if my great grandfather was ever naturalized?
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: surname TOBIA

Post by ricbru »

troopscott wrote:glad to see the site is back up it was down for several days. Anyone know where I can check to see if my great grandfather was ever naturalized?
Hello Scott,
the Naturalization Record office is in the State of Missouri.
Augusto Tobia was still an alien when his son Louis was 8 years old (see 1930 census)
This means that, since Louis never renounce the italian citizenship, and also your dad, you are qualified to apply for Italian dual citizenship as a blood right.
Request the certificate of Augusto naturalization or not naturalization to

Naturalization Records Center
P.O. Box 648010
Lee's Summit, MO 64064-8010

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo :lol:
User avatar
troopscott
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: usa
Contact:

Re: surname TOBIA

Post by troopscott »

thanks ricardo once I get it I will have you help with the birth certificate etc to apply for dual citizenship
User avatar
troopscott
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: usa
Contact:

Re: surname TOBIA

Post by troopscott »

does anyone know where I culd find anything on my family crest. My grandparents both said we had a family crest and they had seen it when they went to italy to visit family they had never met before in the 60's
User avatar
troopscott
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: usa
Contact:

Re: surname TOBIA

Post by troopscott »

Riccardo

once I get the Naturalization record how long does it take to get the birth certificate and citizenship?
User avatar
troopscott
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: usa
Contact:

Re: surname TOBIA

Post by troopscott »

does anyone know where I culd find anything on my family crest
User avatar
troopscott
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: usa
Contact:

Re: surname TOBIA

Post by troopscott »

Ricardo here is the thread
User avatar
troopscott
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 13 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: usa
Contact:

Re: surname TOBIA

Post by troopscott »

I sent this email did I translate it right?

Sto provando ad ottenere un certificato di nascita per il mio nonno grande. Augustion Tobia è stato sopportato il 4 novembre 1892 Comune Di Montefiascone, Italia. Raccomandi prego se è sull'annotazione e che cosa devo fare per ottenere una copia ufficiale.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: surname TOBIA

Post by suanj »

Spett.le Ufficio di stato civile,
la sottoscritta....( your name) cittadina statunitense di origini italiane con la presente cortesemente richiede l' estratto dell' atto di nascita in modello pluirilingue del proprio bisnonno:
-TOBIA Augustino nato il 4 /11/1892 a Montefiascone.
In attesa di riscontro è gradita l'occasione per porgere i più distinti saluti,


.................your name
................your complete and exact address
...................your email
----------------------------------------------------
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply