* I am a full Australian citizen
* My father was born in Italy and came to Australia when he was 2yrs old and gave up his Italian citizenship..he has since passed away.
* My mother is Australian
* My Nonno and Nonna were both born in Italy and moved to Australia in the early 1940's.
* My Nonno has passed away but my Nonna is still living in Australia and has dual Italian australian citizenship and still votes and receives the Italian pension. My Nonno would also still have been a dual Italian Australian citizen.
Am I entitled to a dual Australian-Italian passport?
Am I entitled to Italian Citizenship?
- hannah_c_c
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 26 Oct 2006, 00:00
- Location: Australia
Re: Am I entitled to Italian Citizenship?
Hi Hannah & welcome to the forum,
This site should answer your question. Just click on "Italian Citizenship."
http://www.ambcanberra.esteri.it/Ambasc ... frequenti/
Hope this helps.
jcsm
This site should answer your question. Just click on "Italian Citizenship."
http://www.ambcanberra.esteri.it/Ambasc ... frequenti/
Hope this helps.
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
- hannah_c_c
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 26 Oct 2006, 00:00
- Location: Australia
Re: Am I entitled to Italian Citizenship?
Thank you for your quick response. I have looked on this website and unfortunately I am none the wiser..can anyone else find any information about this?
thank you
thank you
Re: Am I entitled to Italian Citizenship?
Hello,hannah_c_c wrote:Thank you for your quick response. I have looked on this website and unfortunately I am none the wiser..can anyone else find any information about this?
thank you
visit this site, it is really interesting and resolve all your questions
http://www.italiandualcitizenship.com/
bye Riccardo
Re: Am I entitled to Italian Citizenship?
Hi Hannah,
If still none the wiser after both sites, contact informattion is on the first site.
jcsm
If still none the wiser after both sites, contact informattion is on the first site.
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Am I entitled to Italian Citizenship?
Hi Hannah,
Welcome. The status of your grandmother and grandfather has no bearing on your elibibiliy for citizenship. You can only get citizenship from a parent. Since your father gave up his Italian citizenship--I'm assuming through naturalization--it becomes very important to determine when his naturalization took place. If it was before your birth, you are not eligible; if it was after your birth, you are eligible.
Hope it works out for you.
Welcome. The status of your grandmother and grandfather has no bearing on your elibibiliy for citizenship. You can only get citizenship from a parent. Since your father gave up his Italian citizenship--I'm assuming through naturalization--it becomes very important to determine when his naturalization took place. If it was before your birth, you are not eligible; if it was after your birth, you are eligible.
Hope it works out for you.

