Hope this manifest is the one you are looking for...p2ehling wrote:I am looking for the Ellis Island record for Carmella Della Castello. I have a copy of her death certificate which gives her birth date as May 24, 1895. I know she was married in the United States in 1914. She was married in Burlington NJ to Virgilio Sozio also from Italy.
Carmella's father's name is Gabriel Castello. Her mother's name was was Columbia Monaco. I don't know whether or not they came to the United States.
Thank you for any help you can give me. I am trying to put as much family information together as I can as a surprise for my husband's grandparents.
Peg
Father and daughter... leaving Colomba Monaco in Italy...
http://stevemorse.org/ellis/fixellis.ph ... 00%252ETIF
http://stevemorse.org/ellis/fixellis.ph ... 0788120353
First Name: Carmela
Last Name: Dmqhetos Costello
Ethnicity: South Italian
Last Place of Residence: Capvaratta, Campobaso
Date of Arrival: Nov 07, 1913
Age at Arrival: 19y Gender: F Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Laura
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0014
First Name: Gabriele
Last Name: Costello
Ethnicity: South Italian
Last Place of Residence: Capvaratta, Campobaso
Date of Arrival: Nov 07, 1913
Age at Arrival: 48y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Laura
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0013
Take care,



