Bloodline and birth certificates
Bloodline and birth certificates
Does anyone have any experience or advice regarding the LA or Chicago consulates regarding requirement for birthcertificates for the spouses not in the direct bloodline? I am applying for recognition of citizenship through my paternal great grandfather. I have all of the birth, death and marriage certificates for myself, father, grandfather and great grandfather but I am running into some roadblocks in obtaining birth certificate for my mother and grandmother. I have a baptismal certificate for my grandmother, will that work? if so, do I need anything with it as an explaination to why I don't have a birthcertificate? As for my mother, I've explained to her why I need it many times but she likes to make things difficult. She's a control freak. Any suggestions / alternatives? Thanks.
Re: Bloodline and birth certificates
I can't speak for the LA or the Chicago consulates, but I do know that in NY, the only documents required are those in the direct line. I tend to think that at least one of the consulates you mention has similar requirements. Check their websites or give them a call to confirm this.

