I'm a little new to this research so any help is greatly appreciated!
Mancini coat of arms
- roadnottaken22
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 17 Nov 2006, 00:00
Mancini coat of arms
Does anyone know where I can get a true coat of arms dating as far back as possible for my southern Italian surname Mancini
I've searched online quite a few times and come up with more than 3 or so that vary quite a bit from one another. I hate the thought of wearing or advocating a coat of arms that is not true to my name.
I'm a little new to this research so any help is greatly appreciated!
I'm a little new to this research so any help is greatly appreciated!
Re: Mancini coat of arms
Contrary to popular belief, not everyone has a coat of arms, even if your surname happens to coincide with that of nobility. You must do the proper research to establish the origin of your line.
There are many companies out there who for a fee, will provide what appears to be an extensive history of the surname in question, and provide you with the documentation on that line.....when in fact your line is not related at all.
Many peasants working on noble lands adopted the surname of their lord,
yet have no blood connection.
In summary.......you have to prove your connection to the surname in question thru extensive research. If your name is that of nobility, there will be documentation thru birth, marriage and death records as well as other resources.
wldspirit
There are many companies out there who for a fee, will provide what appears to be an extensive history of the surname in question, and provide you with the documentation on that line.....when in fact your line is not related at all.
Many peasants working on noble lands adopted the surname of their lord,
yet have no blood connection.
In summary.......you have to prove your connection to the surname in question thru extensive research. If your name is that of nobility, there will be documentation thru birth, marriage and death records as well as other resources.
wldspirit
Re: Mancini coat of arms
"Many peasants working on noble lands adopted the surname of their lord,
yet have no blood connection.
In summary.......you have to prove your connection to the surname in question thru extensive research. If your name is that of nobility, there will be documentation thru birth, marriage and death records as well as other resources.
wldspirit[/quote]
Quite right. My surname is Graffeo, they were an ancient and noble family of Sicily but I would not assume I am related to them by blood line. I have found one refrence to household servants of a noble family of Sicily who took the name of the noble family they worked for. Here's the quote, don't have the link though.
"Another possibility is that some of our ancestors descended from the family’s household or personal chamber servants. ..... So while one might conclude that local residents who share the surname of the local duke are his kin, and therefore nobles, documentary research might demonstrate the contrary, for they might descend from the servants of the duke’s family. This was the case in the Sicilian town of Castelbuono, where dozens of families bore the surname Ventimiglia even though they had no kinship to the family of that name which resided in the local castle." <P>
I think that even if I am lucky enough to trace my family bloodline far as I can within my limited resources (which will be quite a trick indeed) it still may not prove or disprove exactly how MY Graffeo family got their name. Still I am really enjoying the process of finding my ancestors, locating them in time and in history and thinking about their lives. And when I find a new surname I like to look up the meaning and origin of it. I guess I am starting a collection.
yet have no blood connection.
In summary.......you have to prove your connection to the surname in question thru extensive research. If your name is that of nobility, there will be documentation thru birth, marriage and death records as well as other resources.
wldspirit[/quote]
Quite right. My surname is Graffeo, they were an ancient and noble family of Sicily but I would not assume I am related to them by blood line. I have found one refrence to household servants of a noble family of Sicily who took the name of the noble family they worked for. Here's the quote, don't have the link though.
"Another possibility is that some of our ancestors descended from the family’s household or personal chamber servants. ..... So while one might conclude that local residents who share the surname of the local duke are his kin, and therefore nobles, documentary research might demonstrate the contrary, for they might descend from the servants of the duke’s family. This was the case in the Sicilian town of Castelbuono, where dozens of families bore the surname Ventimiglia even though they had no kinship to the family of that name which resided in the local castle." <P>
I think that even if I am lucky enough to trace my family bloodline far as I can within my limited resources (which will be quite a trick indeed) it still may not prove or disprove exactly how MY Graffeo family got their name. Still I am really enjoying the process of finding my ancestors, locating them in time and in history and thinking about their lives. And when I find a new surname I like to look up the meaning and origin of it. I guess I am starting a collection.
Re: Mancini coat of arms
You are correct again, but some are not so bad. I got one of those surname lookup items, a framed description of the coat of arms and a history of the origin of the name, at the mall a long time ago. I have not found anything that contradicts it yet. It's really pretty factual. Then as now, I did not conclude that it was MY family they were talking about, but it's still interesting to know what people with your name, from the country of your ancestors, were doing 500 years ago.wldspirit wrote: There are many companies out there who for a fee, will provide what appears to be an extensive history of the surname in question, and provide you with the documentation on that line.....when in fact your line is not related at all.
Re: Mancini coat of arms
roadnottaken22 wrote:Does anyone know where I can get a true coat of arms dating as far back as possible for my southern Italian surname ManciniI've searched online quite a few times and come up with more than 3 or so that vary quite a bit from one another. I hate the thought of wearing or advocating a coat of arms that is not true to my name.
I'm a little new to this research so any help is greatly appreciated!![]()
If you would like to know how many people named Mancini live in Italy at this time go to this like and fill in the surname box:
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 43,GGLJ:en
Re: Mancini coat of arms
The story of my famiies nobility goes way back, in fact, Nonni brought with her from Italy the family crest. I would give anything to know what happened to it.......it used to hang in the formal dining room before the move to Florida in the late 60's.
The family held various lands and upon my Nonni's death the land went to her brother, who oversaw the lands and was still living at the time.
I have located the name back to the 1400's. And even Suanj was able to provide info on the name as well as the palazzo Grifoni........but until I can prove my relationship...it is mere speculation.......I certainly would not pay for the history of a name unless I knew for fact it was my blood line!!
wldspirit
The family held various lands and upon my Nonni's death the land went to her brother, who oversaw the lands and was still living at the time.
I have located the name back to the 1400's. And even Suanj was able to provide info on the name as well as the palazzo Grifoni........but until I can prove my relationship...it is mere speculation.......I certainly would not pay for the history of a name unless I knew for fact it was my blood line!!
wldspirit
Re: Mancini coat of arms
only some bit abt MANCINI nobles:
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale Con più dimore (many residences)
Fonti bibliografiche Albo D'Oro Nob. It.
Parentele ( surnames in relationship)PALLASTRELLI-DI CELLERI (MANCINI-SPINUCCI)
Titolo nobiliare ... (Noble)
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale Firenze (residence)
Altra dimora 1 Cortona (residence)
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio VSp
Parentele (surname in relationship)DE PAOLI
Titolo nobiliare (noble title) Patrizio
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale Firenze (residence)
Altra dimora 1 Cortona (residence)
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio VSp
Parentele (surname in relationship)GIUNIPERO
Titolo nobiliare (noble title)Patrizio
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale (residence)Firenze
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio VSp
Parentele(surname in relationship) DASTI
Titolo nobiliare(noble title) Conte
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale (residence) Fratta
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio GbCR
Parentele ( surname in relationship)PEROTTO
Titolo nobiliare (noble title) Blasone spaccato
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale (residence) Milano
In archivio Documento disponibile
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio GbCR
Titolo nobiliare( noble title) Barone
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale(residence) Napoli
In archivio Documento disponibile
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio GbCR
Titolo nobiliare(noble title) Blasone inquartato
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale (residence) Rimini
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio VSp
Titolo nobiliare (title) Patrizio
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale (residence)Roma
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio GbCR
Titolo nobiliare Con Blasone Nobiliare
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale (residence) Spello
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio GbCR
Titolo nobiliare( noble title) Con Blasone Nobiliare
coat of arms Mancini family in Castelplanio town (Ancona province/Marche region)
regards, suanj
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale Con più dimore (many residences)
Fonti bibliografiche Albo D'Oro Nob. It.
Parentele ( surnames in relationship)PALLASTRELLI-DI CELLERI (MANCINI-SPINUCCI)
Titolo nobiliare ... (Noble)
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale Firenze (residence)
Altra dimora 1 Cortona (residence)
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio VSp
Parentele (surname in relationship)DE PAOLI
Titolo nobiliare (noble title) Patrizio
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale Firenze (residence)
Altra dimora 1 Cortona (residence)
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio VSp
Parentele (surname in relationship)GIUNIPERO
Titolo nobiliare (noble title)Patrizio
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale (residence)Firenze
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio VSp
Parentele(surname in relationship) DASTI
Titolo nobiliare(noble title) Conte
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale (residence) Fratta
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio GbCR
Parentele ( surname in relationship)PEROTTO
Titolo nobiliare (noble title) Blasone spaccato
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale (residence) Milano
In archivio Documento disponibile
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio GbCR
Titolo nobiliare( noble title) Barone
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale(residence) Napoli
In archivio Documento disponibile
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio GbCR
Titolo nobiliare(noble title) Blasone inquartato
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale (residence) Rimini
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio VSp
Titolo nobiliare (title) Patrizio
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale (residence)Roma
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio GbCR
Titolo nobiliare Con Blasone Nobiliare
Cognome MANCINI
Dimora principale (residence) Spello
Fonti bibliografiche Archivio GbCR
Titolo nobiliare( noble title) Con Blasone Nobiliare
coat of arms Mancini family in Castelplanio town (Ancona province/Marche region)
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Mancini coat of arms
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Mancini coat of arms
more: for to know the right your coat of arms, you can to provide the details abt your family.. suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Mancini coat of arms
hi everybody!
i think i have some relatives with the "mancini" surname. but they are not a noble family and they come from Abruzzo. they emigrated to Canada 50 years ago but i'm still in touch with them. this surname is common in italy so i don't know if my relatives and you might have some ancestor in common. you should give more information about yours.
bye vanessa
i think i have some relatives with the "mancini" surname. but they are not a noble family and they come from Abruzzo. they emigrated to Canada 50 years ago but i'm still in touch with them. this surname is common in italy so i don't know if my relatives and you might have some ancestor in common. you should give more information about yours.
bye vanessa


