Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
salai wrote:Ciaò a tutti
the family from my mother's part is coming from Novate Mezzola, I'm italian, the surname of my mother is MONTINI. In this village there're two big families which were MONTINI and NONINI
I've cousins who call NONINI, because those two families were mixed together during the centuries.
The other village is calling Campo Mezzola more little, those are taking the name Mezzola from the lake. They've the same quantity of people and most part of them are working at Sondrio or in Switzerland.
If you there you'll easily find news from the church and you ask to Don Giacomo who is the priest from the village.
Best regards
Salai
P.S. i'll send you soon some pictures
Salai,
Merry Christmas & Thanks for the information. I look forward to seeing the pictures.
Hey Louie how are you, interesting situation. My great grandpa went to california in the early 1900s and his name surname is Molatore. Not that many around. My Dad was saying we might have some cousins in california somewhere. My Dad and Mom are from the Lombardy region. My dad is from Mantello and has lots of friends from the Cercino and Cino area. If you want to chat and see if we can piece this all together that would be awesome. I have lots of pictures of that area. Who knows we may be cousins.
I do have some information on the Molatore Family. Maria Molatore Nonini was my grandmother and I do have contact with my cousins in Italy, Cercino. The Molatore's and Borona Families. I can e-mail you some information and pictures of the family if you would like. What is the name of your family? Your parents, siblings etc.? Contact me @ louien1964@hotmail.com
George, I would really like to talk to you about the Molatore Family. Please e-mail me at louien1964@hotmail.com. I have photo's and information about the Molatore family here in the Fresno California area!
Hi! We too are researching our Nonini roots. We are descended from Vittorio Phillip Nonini, who was born in Novate Mezzola, Province of Sondrio in northern Italy. He was born on Feb. 25, 1864, son of Luigi Nonini and Madalena Branca Nonini. In 1892 he emigrated to the US. I don't know any names of brothers or sisters.
My sis-in-law is today visiting the Nonini Winery in Fresno... are you related to them?
My aunt is Lydia Molatore from Cercino, Italy. She married a Sandrini and had twin sons (they are in their 50's now) they settled in Bakersfield, California, she has passed on but would be about 86 years old today. I believe they all originally started out in Fresno (Dairy Farmers). Some stayed in Fresno and many moved to Bakersfield. My father's surname is Alponte, his mother's is Sandrini. Nicoletta Molatore lives in Dubino (in Sondrio) she is around 35 yrs old and speaks English and might be able to help you. Her email is NMolatore@Alice.IT
My cousin just got back from Cercino and has lots of photos of the Molatores.
This post is very old, but I hope Louie sees this! Louie, I am pretty sure we are related, especially since you are from Fresno. My great-great grandparents immigrated from Cercino around 1914 and the families settled in the Fresno and Bakersfield areas. My de Pianti family settled in the Fresno area, and my Sandrini family settled in Bakersfield. My great-great grandmother was Virgina Molotore, and she married Giogio Sandrini. I know nothing about their parents at all, and I am very interested in learning more! I am also very curious about why so many families from Cercino settled in the Fresno/Bakersfield area.