Help reading ellis Island manifest

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
MauroMags
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 112
Joined: 07 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: New Jersey

Help reading ellis Island manifest

Post by MauroMags »

Hello all, I'm curious about a certain manifest that i found on the ellis island site (see below) Apparently, Cosimo "failed" to do something, but i cannot read the manifest clearly... Can someone offer some help?

thanks,
Mauro


First Name: Cosimo
Last Name: Salvemini
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Molfetta
Date of Arrival: Jul 06, 1900
Age at Arrival: 45Y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Spartan Prince
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0017
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help reading ellis Island manifest

Post by suanj »

i read some thing as jail 6 Bearing house Brooklyn... (?) suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
lam40502
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 08 Nov 2006, 00:00
Location: Kentucky, USA

Re: Help reading ellis Island manifest

Post by lam40502 »

I wonder if that first letter is an "S", and it says something about Sail or Sailor (which is his listed occupation). Almost looks like Sailor Boardinghouse, maybe...
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Help reading ellis Island manifest

Post by jcsm400 »

"Sailor Boardinghouse"

I agree.
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Post Reply