baton town.. MASS?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

baton town.. MASS?

Post by suanj »

Hi all, I need of a help for to locate this town listed in this ship's manifest( Francisco Babolate line 13) http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8435 ... atoua2.gif
I don't understand if is Boston or Bolton or other town.. it seems wrote: Baton.... if someone can help... thanks, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 207
Joined: 14 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Maton town.. MASS?

Post by eyetalgal »

Boston.....
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: baton town.. MASS?

Post by suanj »

thanks!!suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

draft registration card

Post by suanj »

well, a help ... looking of this records:

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918


View Record Gregorio Batalato date race city, Suffolk, info
View Record Frank Badaloto date race city, Suffolk, info
thanks for a help! good New Year, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: baton town.. MASS?

Post by wldspirit »

Happy New Year Suanj..... :D

Here is the first record:
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3562/suanj1hh0.jpg

and the second record:
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2016/suanj2mv5.jpg

Hugs,
Lee
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: baton town.. MASS?

Post by suanj »

Thank you Lee! great, the birthdate is very probable, and they coming from Montauro( Catanzaro province)... now my dilemma is: why Francesco(if is the same person -as I think- of ship's manifest: Francisco Babolate line 13 http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8435 ... atoua2.gif ) it was in Brasil..? a big dilemma for the new year! Greetings from Italy in this wonderful day of new year! kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: baton town.. MASS?

Post by suanj »

again a help:
1910 United States Federal Census
Census
View Image
Name: Grigorio Badalaqua

Spouse: Catarina
Birth: abt 1888 - location

Arrival: year

Residence: 1910 - city, Suffolk, Massachusetts


I need of to know the immigration year, if possible, thanks, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: baton town.. MASS?

Post by vj »

suanj,
1910
Valarie

Name: Grigorio Badalaqua
[Gregorio Badolato]
Age in 1910: 22
[32]
Estimated birth year: abt 1888
[abt 1878]
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Spouse's name: Catarina
Home in 1910: Boston Ward 6, Suffolk, Massachusetts
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Gender: Male
Year of Immigration: 1900
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Grigorio Badalaqua 22
Catarina Badalaqua 26
Domenico Badalaqua 8
Joseph Badalaqua 2
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: baton town.. MASS?

Post by suanj »

Thanks valarie, so 1900 year... I cannot find this ship's manifest.... I believe that this is the brother of Francisco above post... thanks a lot, kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: baton town.. MASS?

Post by suanj »

perhaps is this, but the age..
Grgorio Badolato Occupation Laborer
Age 16
Sex M
Literacy N
Arrived 27 Jul 1900
Origin Italy
Port Genoa
Last Residence Montauro
Destination Fall River Nj
Plan Unknown
Ship Tartar Prince
Passage Unknown


in 1910 as born in 1888..

in 1920 census as born in 1878.. a dilemma:

1920 United States Federal Census
Census
View Image
Name: Geoneia Badolato

Spouse: Katherine
Birth: abt 1878 - location

Arrival: year

Residence: 1920 - city, Suffolk, Massachusetts


many thanks, kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: baton town.. MASS?

Post by suanj »

now I read the ship's manifest on ellisisland... this Gregorio Badalato Jul 27, 1900 Naples , really it was Gregorio GERACE, because the mother is Badolato surname, married at ... Gerace.. so no helpful... I cannot find the right ship's manifest, well tomorrow perhaps it will be a more lucky day..!!! kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: baton town.. MASS?

Post by vj »

suanj,
May help, may not
Valarie

From NEHGS database:
Gregorio's wife was Caterina Nardi/Narda
(two children's birth records)
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: baton town.. MASS?

Post by suanj »

Ok, Valarie, I want to search by wife surname key.. kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply