Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Post by wldspirit »

Now we're posting at the same time.... 8O
must be catchy.......
got a husband who thinks he has to eat, so I'm off to cook something up.....check in later...have fun ya'all....
Hugs,
Lee
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
Marlena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 431
Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: California

Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Post by Marlena »

I am going through the Rubino posts on ancestry.com one-by-one and look what I found. !!!

Mariano CANCIAMILLA (d. 7.28.1947)

* Begin New Thread


Replies: 4
Mariano CANCIAMILLA (d. 7.28.1947)
jchobits (View posts) Posted: 30 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary

Surnames: Canciamilla, Rubio, Terranova, Giorgetta, Siino, Danna

Requiem Mass to be Celebrated Here Today for Area Rancher

Mariano Canciamilla, 78, rancher in the Evergreen district for 27 years, died suddenly of a heart attack Monday while visiting friends at Sunnyvale.

Requiem high mass will be celebrated today at 9:30 a.m. at the Holy Family Church, following rites from Rancadore and Alameda Funeral Chapel. Burial will be in Santa Clara Catholic Cemetery.

Canciamilla, a native of Italy, is survived by his wife, Caterina, a son, Joseph Canciamilla, and four daughters, Mrs. Josephine Rubino, Mrs. Katherine Terranova, all of San Jose, and Mrs. Mary Giorgetta of Oakland and Mrs. Grace Siino of Pittsburg. He also is survived by a brother, Leonardo Canciamilla of Pittsburg, and a sister, Mrs. Grace Danna of Oakland, and 16 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.

Rosary was recited at the funeral chapel last night.
*****
CANCIAMILLA - In San Jose, Calif., July 28, 1947, Mariano CANCIAMILLA, devoted husband of of Caterina CANCIAMILLA; dearly beloved father of Joseph CANCIAMILLA, Mrs. Josephine RUBINO and Mrs. Katherine TERRANOVA, all of San Jose; Mrs. Mary GIORGETTA of Oakland and Mrs. Grace SIINO of Pittsburg, Calif.; beloved brother of Leonardo CANCIAMILLA of Pittsburg, Calif., and Mrs. Grace DANNA of Oakland; dear grandfather of 16 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren; a native of Trabia, Italy, aged 78 years.

Friends are invited to attend the funeral today, Thursday, July 31, 1937, at 9 oclock a.m. from the Rancadore and Alameda Funeral Chapel, 730 S. Second St., thence to Holy Family Church, San Fernando and River Sts., where a requiem high mass will be celebrated for the repose of his soul, commencing at 9:30 o'clock. Interment, Santa Clara Catholic Cemetery.

San Jose Mercury Herald, July 31, 1947, Thursday
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Post by vj »

Marlene,
That's a fantastic find!
Congratulations, wonderful family information.

(How are you doing with your family group
sheets? Tedious?)

Valarie :D
User avatar
Marlena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 431
Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: California

Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Post by Marlena »

Wow, Found more!!!

Maybe the D'Anna connection I heard about all these years. One of my sons middle name is Dana for the D'Anna name (better be related, ha!).
I also found a 3rd post with someone looking for the Canciamilla, DeMateo and Terranova names!

The posts were a few years old I hope they email back!

Group sheets, wow, takes forever to attach info and then you can't even see it on a print out! And it won't let me printit out separte-am I doing something wrong?

Trabian Families

denniswsimpson (View posts) Posted: 9 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

Surnames: Bondi, Cancilla, Caruso, Cozzo, D'Anna, LaRussa, Lo Re, Saso, Turturici, Vasanisi, Rinella

The surnames I have listed are all direct line surnames in my Italian Pedigree Chart. I would be interested in sharing my information with anyone who may have a common ancestor to those people who come from Trabia, Palermo, Sicilia, Italia. Other related surnames include Balistreri, Canciamilla, Cribari, Rinella, Rosso, Tomasello. My line of descent is as follows:

1. Michele Saso, (d. 1855) married Giuseppa Lo Re.
2. Salvatore Saso, (b 1796) md Antonina D'Anna (1806-1854).
3. Michele Saso, (1825-1903) md Giuseppa Caruso (1827-1896).
4. Salvatore Saso, (1849-1925) md Marina D'Anna (1850-1903).
5. Giuseppe Saso, (1886-1954) md Lillian Viola Brown.
6. Jerome Saso (1909-1966) my maternal grandfather.

1. Leonardo D'Anna, (1782-1832) md. Barbara LaRussa.
2. Antonina D'Anna, No 2 above.

1. Giuseppe Caruso, (b. 1794) md. Angela Cozzo (b. 1798).
2. Giuseppa Caruso, No 3 above.

1. Antonino D'Anna, married Antonina Turturici.
2. Girolomo D'Anna, (1791-1826) md. Giroloma Cancilla.
3. Antonino D'Anna, (b. 1822) md. Anna Bondi (b. 1825).
4. Marina D'Anna, No. 4 above.

Anna (Bondi) D'Anna was the daughter of Giuseppe Bondi (b. 1797) and Antonina Vasanisi (b. 1807).
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Post by wldspirit »

I love the obituaries, they are always a treasure trove full of information!!

We ought to start a thread on organization of genealogy material....aside from the database, I have tons of papers and documents....so far I've been thru two "file systems", and getting ready to re-organize using a third.....Nuccia suggested to me a color system....maybe if we brainstorm we can pull together a file system that works for all......and then I won't be constantly digging thru papers....... :?

Congrats!!!!!
wldspirit
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Post by nuccia »

Group sheets, wow, takes forever to attach info and then you can't even see it on a print out! And it won't let me printit out separte-am I doing something wrong?
Not sure what you mean..what won't let you print out the group sheet? Are you using a software program? If so you should be able to...There may be limited features on any trial or starter genealogy program. Could that be the problem? My FTM is the trail edition but it still allows me to print the group sheets..I can't remember about if the one from the LDS gave me an option..I paid the $7.00 to update it to the full feature program..I really liked the charts..
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
Marlena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 431
Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: California

Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Post by Marlena »

Yes, I'm using the 14 day trial of ancestry.com.
I'm not sure if it's worth the 150+ a year to use it, what do you think?
All the information you attach, like birth or death notices, won't let you print them with a chart-maybe i'm asking too much!
Marlene
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Post by vj »

"Group sheets, wow, takes forever to attach info
and then you can't even see it on a print out!
And it won't let me print it out separate-
am I doing something wrong?"


Marlene
We can help you figure this out :D .
Valarie

Are you using the free program from the Family History site
or Family Tree Maker from ancestry (free w/subscription)

Family History Program- bottom right of this page
"Personal Ancestral File (PAF) is a free genealogy and
family history program. PAF allows you to quickly and
easily collect, organize and share your family history
and genealogy information."
User avatar
Marlena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 431
Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: California

Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Post by Marlena »

VJ,
I don't see a PAF any where on this page. I'm using the free one off of ancestry.com... I found that when you want to share info it lets a person see only certain sections of the tree then they want them to sign up.

Can you point me to the PAF-can't seem to find it.

Marlene
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Post by vj »

Hi Marlene click the link in the post above that says:
"Family History Program- bottom right of this page"
scroll to the bottom right of the page.
You should be able to download it
(may have to register if you haven't already)
Let us know if it doesn't work. :D
Valarie
User avatar
Marlena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 431
Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: California

Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Post by Marlena »

Planning a trip to Sicily this year. Can you tell me the best time go and where I could find an intrepreter for a few days?
I will be perusing microfilm until then!!!
thanks so much
Marlene
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
User avatar
Marlena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 431
Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: California

Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Post by Marlena »

Hello my friends!

I have a new question! What does the Al, Pa and Na mean under the imigration status. I thought it meat the state at first.

I'm having so much fun sorting all my relatives out, it's like an online game!

Thanks much, Marlene
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Post by nuccia »

Al stands for Alien Status, PA means Filed first Papers for Naturalization and NA mean that the person Naturalized (became a Citizen of that Country.)
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Post by nuccia »

len52mar wrote:Yes, I'm using the 14 day trial of ancestry.com.
I'm not sure if it's worth the 150+ a year to use it, what do you think?
All the information you attach, like birth or death notices, won't let you print them with a chart-maybe i'm asking too much!
Marlene
I know this is a bit late in answering your question but I'm going to anyway...

After the 14 day trial period, FTM does limit the charts available for printing. For about $30 you can update to the full version and have access to all the charts. You may also receive 3 months free access to ancestry. While $150. seems like a lot to spend for ancestry its better then the $400. I spent last year on it. They've dropped the prices and given options for Canadian and US funds. You can also just get the US Package which is cheaper. Not sure how much but it really is worth it in my opinion. Sort of like you're "one stop shopping" program.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
Marlena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 431
Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: California

Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)

Post by Marlena »

Good news! The DeMattea and Vallelungas are my relatives. Most came to San Francisco or down to San Jose,CA.

It's a small world, I found that my very good friend from college ,MaryAnn (D'Amico), her older sister Angela was married to my Dads cousin Milton Canciamilla.

Your site is the BEST !
Post Reply