D'Onofrio or Denefrio from Dragoni?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: D'Onofrio or Denefrio from Dragoni?

Post by vj »

I think you have everything correct,
he may have been indicating on the
census that he was in the process?

markings

Another great website on markings
(scroll down a bit)
Lou Alfano's Site
User avatar
Essgee
Master
Master
Posts: 777
Joined: 12 Mar 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: D'Onofrio or Denefrio from Dragoni?

Post by Essgee »

It could be that his citizenship papers had been lost and then re-issued.

I know my grandfather's papers went missing and he had to request copies. All of this was because he was on a jury and he had to prove his citizenship. He had to fill in paperwork with all sorts of info. While I never saw the paperwork, I found a piece of paper, in his hand, attached to his copy of his re-issued citizenship papers. Without that paper, I am not sure I would have ever known where his father had been born! It was a gold mine.

If you figure it out, let us know!
User avatar
vicwargo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: 27 Feb 2007, 00:00
Location: spain

Re: D'Onofrio or Denefrio from Dragoni?

Post by vicwargo »

I found out today that on the 1920 census under naturalization it has 1907 and then AL. 1907 only means the year they came here. AL is for alien. So now I am back to searching for naturalization records from 1939 in Schenectady. At least I am narrowing it down :)
Post Reply