Under a pile of old photographs, he found my great grandfather's naturalization certificate from 1921! It is indeed from Westchester Co., NY, even though the court and archives here, as well as NARA, did not have it on file. Now that I have the naturalization certificate, and it proves beyond a doubt that I'm eligible, I don't have to wait 15 months for USCIS to send me his file or a 'no record' letter!
On top of that, I found his original Italian passport from 1903, and his wife's from 1906! It is very fragile and moisture-damaged. Even though I already have his birth certificate, it's confirms his name, date of birth, and location of birth, from Bonefro. I'm sure the embassy would like to see it. No photo, of course, but a detailed description in Italian, which even states he is "clean shaven." The US visa inside was good for three years.
I've been pulling my hair out having to wait 15 months for USCIS, when it was ten feet away from my computer for six years, and in the house for 86 years!
For all of those people at their wits end, hang in there; good things happen with perseverance.



