Funny
Re: Funny
Brioschi is always on our shopping list when we have the family over for the holdiays as well as a bottle of Fernet Branca.
And yes, Nuccia, I'd write to Rosina and Pasquale. I think they could do a hilarious skit woven around a GPS, even funnier than the OnStar one.
And yes, Nuccia, I'd write to Rosina and Pasquale. I think they could do a hilarious skit woven around a GPS, even funnier than the OnStar one.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Funny
I'm on they're website now!
I think I will email them and see what happens. I'm up for a laugh. Let you know what happens.
Lets face it..if you are from Cosenza you can really appreciate their humor, no?
Lets face it..if you are from Cosenza you can really appreciate their humor, no?
Re: Funny
I'd have to agree on the fava beans, my Dad grows them every year, he'll be 90 in July, still tractors eight acres, prunes, carries sprinkler pipe and just planted 30 more cherry trees in the hot sun. His sister is 97 and brother 94 !
His fav's are monterey dry jack, french bread, favies and red wine.
Marlene
His fav's are monterey dry jack, french bread, favies and red wine.
Marlene
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
Re: Funny
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Re: Funny
Yup..Thats the one...do they still sell it? I think I'll get a bottle for old time sakes. I really feel I could use the "fizz" right about now! Who needs candy when we have this?
This is too funny!
This is too funny!
Re: Funny
I just love this website!!! Its great, im learning Italian at present, but boy i hope i sound like them, someday!! Brilliant!
http://www.pasqualeparmiggiano.net/
http://www.pasqualeparmiggiano.net/
Tuzi/Lombardozzi/Polsinelli/Tersigni/La Rocca/Gismondi from Sora,Frosinone.
Re: Funny
More Rosina and Pasquale stuff here. Rated R for language.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI9tVRIrjyk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI9tVRIrjyk
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
- JamesBianco
- Staff

- Posts: 879
- Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Westfield, MA.
- Contact:
Re: Funny
OMG!!! I almost fell off my chair that was so funny.
Thanks
Thanks
Re: Funny
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
- JamesBianco
- Staff

- Posts: 879
- Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Westfield, MA.
- Contact:
Re: Funny
I wonder if "Gravy" is a geographic thing, because here in Massachusetts within the Italian community if you asked someone what that word meant they would instantly think of the brown stuff the Ameriganos put on their mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. Certainly not a reference to Tomato sauce.mattera wrote:Wait a minute! Go back to the original list and look at number 15.
"tomato sauce"? I think you mean "gravy"...
Alex
But yea, once in a while I have read some people on this forum mention Gravy, it really sounds alien to me in terms of anything Italian.
Jim
Re: Funny
It must be geographic. In Pennsylvania where I grew up we called it sauce. But my wife's family who are from Brooklyn call it "gravy." A hint to all the cooks out there who make their own sauce or gravy. Next time you do a pot, use San Marzano tomatoes. That's not a brand but rather the region near Mount Vesuvius where the tomatoes are grown. Something about the ash content in the soil gives them a sweetness which my wife swears by.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Funny
Illinois here.......we called it sauce!!
wldspirit
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
- JamesBianco
- Staff

- Posts: 879
- Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Westfield, MA.
- Contact:
Re: Funny
I live in Western Massachusetts and last I heard we were part of the Northeast so I guess it might just be a family to family thing.mattera wrote:Biff,
Thanks for the tip. As for "gravy", we grew up calling it that in Rhode Island. Maybe it is a northeast thing.
Alex






