Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives

Post by wldspirit »

Great work Deb.... :D
wldspirit
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
Alienboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 29 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Roma

Re: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives

Post by Alienboy »

User avatar
Alienboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 29 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Roma

Re: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives

Post by Alienboy »

VaDeb wrote:If you open the link I provided, then click on the magnifying glass, it will enlarge the image.

Now that we have the correct person, I will see if I can find more information. Did his wife Carmela join him in America?


How is Alfonso related to Onofrio?

Debbie
Alfonso Dazio and Onofrio Fradella were son's father in law. Excuse me, i wrote Alfonso Fradella but his name was Alfonso DAZIO.

I don't know if his wife carmela join him in america..

can you give me pther info about Alfonso Dazio and Onofrio Fradella?

Tks a lot!

:lol:
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives

Post by VaDeb »

Here are the images you requested.

Image

Image

If you send me a PM with your e-mail address I will send the images to you directly.

Debbie
User avatar
Alienboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 29 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Roma

Re: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives

Post by Alienboy »

User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives

Post by VaDeb »

I need to clarify what I am looking for in USA records. I need more informtion to identify "your" Onofrio in the records. Also a name such as Onofrio is often "Americanized" and might take some creative searching to find him.

This is what I know:

Onofrio Fradella was born about 1883 in Porto Empedocle, Sicily. He was married to Carmela Prestia. In 1920 he came to USA and his destination was his brother in law Vincenzo Prestia. This was not his first trip to America.

You do not know if his wife, Carmela ever came to America.
Did he have children who came to America?
Did he remain in America? Did he die in America or Italy?

Alfonso DAZIO? born about 1883 in Girgenti. His wife is Carmela Volpe. He is listed under Onofrio on the manifest. His destinaion was his foster brother, Angelo Festalunga at the same address as Vincenzo Prestia. This was 71 Mulberry St.

These details will help us find more informaiton.

Debbie
User avatar
Alienboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 29 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Roma

Re: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives

Post by Alienboy »

The info you gave me about alfonso are correct! ;)
Thank you in advance for these informations about our relative. as far as we know we think that Onofrio's wife, Carmela Prestia, never came to America and neither their children. We suppose he stayed in U.S.A. a few years, he died in Italy, probably in Sicily.

bye bye! :D
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives

Post by VaDeb »

You are welcome for the help.

Here is the previous trip for Onofrio.

May 26, 1911
His destination was to his brother Antonio at 71 Mulberry St., NY

Page 1

http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 0106%2ETIF

Page 2
http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 1092070114

I will e-mail you the images later today.

Not sure if we will find much in USA records as Onofrio did not stay here for long periods of time.

Debbie
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives

Post by VaDeb »

This may be Antonio Fradella's manifest.

Do you know the names of Onorfio's brothers and sisters from Italian records?

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0006967168&

Debbie
User avatar
Alienboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 29 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Roma

Re: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives

Post by Alienboy »

WOOW! You are too fast! :D How can you copy theese photos? Right mouse is locked.. i would like to host theese photos but i can't copy them..
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Tommasso,

Alfonso and Onofrio spent some period of time in America, but it does not seem that they were on the census or had a draft card.

What is your goal for research in America? What are you looking for?

The answer to this question will help identify a research path. We now know who to look for, but what do you want to find?

Debbie
User avatar
Alienboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 29 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Roma

Re: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives

Post by Alienboy »

No.. i'm looking for all possible info whose can find be found in internet..
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives

Post by VaDeb »

I didn't find anything that looked promising on ancestry.com Sometimes you have to be searching for a specific record to be successful.

I don't think they were in America long enough to be on many records. They didn't marry here, have children here, die here, register for draft, ect.

Sorry, but I think passenger records may be all you will find.

Debbie
User avatar
Alienboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 29 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Roma

Re: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives

Post by Alienboy »

Don't worry! You gave me a lot of information! You are great!

Thank you very much for your help!

BYE BYE!

Tommaso
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives

Post by nuccia »

Debbie,

I have a question. Is it possible that their would still be a file for alienboy's relatives? Should he consider writing away for documents under the FOIA or do you think the manifest is all he'll get? What do you suggest?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
Post Reply