Hello,
Would you folks make a definitive connection from the info below?
I found an IGI record on this family and want to know if I could definitively link them to mine. It just seems like much more than a coincidence. They are all from San Vincenzo La Costa in Cosenza, Calabria.
Giuseppe Ciancio b. 1846
Carolina Presta b. 1848
m. 1866
children:
Angela Luisa b. 1867
Concetta R. b. 1877
Saverio b. 1879-1880
Maria Rosaria b. 1881
Francesco G. b. 1884
Maria Vincenza b. 1887
Now here's what I know for sure:
-My GG-grandmother was Luisa Ciancio (birthday unknown) and she had a sister named Rosaria.
-I know Rosaria's birth year is 1881.
-When Rosaria's husband (Angelo Ricchio) immigrated to the US in 1903 he came with a man named Francesco Ciancio (b. 1884).
-On Rosaria's manifest her named is listed as "M. Rosaria Ciancio" and her passage was paid by her father "Giuseppe".
I'm pretty sure a lot of Italian women went by their middle names so maybe my Luisa was really named Angela Luisa. I know her sister Rosaria listed her name as M. Rosaria on her manifest which could be the Maria Rosaria listed above.
Is this more than a coincidence or do you think I need more info for a definite link?
Thanks For Your Help,
Brian
suanj, Biff, nuccia, wldspirit, vj, et. al- Opinion Needed
suanj, Biff, nuccia, wldspirit, vj, et. al- Opinion Needed
Researching Ciancio, Panza and Ricchio families in San Vincenzo La Costa, Calabria.
Re: suanj, Biff, nuccia, wldspirit, vj, et. al- Opinion Need
Brian,
Please check your in box. I sent you a PM.
Best,
Biff
Please check your in box. I sent you a PM.
Best,
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"

