Surnames - Macellaro, Pascaretti, Pascarete, Pascarett

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
rmald
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 30 Sep 2003, 00:00

Surnames - Macellaro, Pascaretti, Pascarete, Pascarett

Post by rmald »

I'm looking for the surname Macellaro and the other surname I don't know exactly. It may be Pascaretti, or Pascarete, or Pascarett.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Post by suanj »

Hi:
Macellaro is exact spelling, present in 45 Italian commons. Probable origin's place this surname, is Salerno area(Campania region) and, near, Potenza area(Basilicata region).
Pascaretti or Pascarete or Pascarett or Pascareta surname not exist in Italy.
1-Exist Pascarelli surname, currently present in 86 Italian commons, probable origin's place this surname, is Potenza area(Basilicata region).
2- exist Pascaretta present in 11 Italians Common.
Probable place origin is Potenza province( Basilicata region ) with little presences in other regions
This are Pascaretta persons in Basilicata region:
http://paginebianche.virgilio.it/pb/cer ... a&x=36&y=5
Up to now the search leads mainly to Basilicata region and also Campania region.

You can supply a request specific and greater details ...? :roll: suanj
User avatar
rmald
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 30 Sep 2003, 00:00

Thanks!

Post by rmald »

Thanks a lot for the help!! I'll make a research with these informations you gave me!

Where are you from?
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Post by suanj »

I' m Italian and alive in Italy( Molise region)..Good luck!!!
:wink: suanj
User avatar
cpascaretti
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 06 Sep 2010, 15:20

Re: Surnames - Macellaro, Pascaretti, Pascarete, Pascarett

Post by cpascaretti »

The surname Pascaretti was created at Ellis Island in 1919 when my grandfather, Carmine Pascaretta came to the U.S. from Naples.
Post Reply