Thanks for any help you can give me. My first time here as i just registered.
My grandfather was born in Italy in 1887, immigrated here in 1905 or 1906. He never naturalized and passed away in 1961 as an Italian citizen, I am told by my uncles and aunts.
I need to write letters to USCIS and NARA asking for, and in response to the rules from the Italian Consulate in Houston, Texas, a letter from each government body stating that "Mr. _____ never applied for citizenship." I guess this would be the equivalent of "No records found" and that is the best that I could hope for at this point.
I have already written all the letters for birth, marriage, and death certificates and drafted the apostille requests. I just need to mail them out. However, my remaining questions are as follows:
5 questions:
1. Is is faster to send the request letters directly to Washington and not use the Missouri address or G-639 form?
2. either way, is there an example of the type of content that I need in these request letters (are sample letters available)?
3. do i need to attach any documents to the request letters?
4. How do I get my grandfather's Alien Registration number? I can't find it anywhere.
5. Is this a long process?
thanks for any thoughts,
Al
