Bertellotti family from Stazzema
-
peggymckee
- Elite

- Posts: 264
- Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00
Bertellotti family from Stazzema
Luigia Bertellotti was my paternal grandmother. I am trying to find her birth and marriage certificates. If anyone knows anything about this family, please let me know. Thanks in advance, Peggy M
Marchi-Bertellotti Family
Nello B Marchi
Born 15 Dec 1887
Via delle Panche, 53
Comune di Sesto Fiorentino
Father: Luigi Marchi
Comune di Sesto Fiorentino
Mother: Emilia [maiden name not known]
Ponte Nuovo
Comune di Sesto Fiorentino
Luigia Bertellotti
Born: 23 June 1886
Stazzema, Lucca
Father: Ermete Bertellotti
Stazzema, Lucca
Mother: Melania Ridolfi
Alpe Palagniana, Lucca
Marchi-Bertellotti Family
Nello B Marchi
Born 15 Dec 1887
Via delle Panche, 53
Comune di Sesto Fiorentino
Father: Luigi Marchi
Comune di Sesto Fiorentino
Mother: Emilia [maiden name not known]
Ponte Nuovo
Comune di Sesto Fiorentino
Luigia Bertellotti
Born: 23 June 1886
Stazzema, Lucca
Father: Ermete Bertellotti
Stazzema, Lucca
Mother: Melania Ridolfi
Alpe Palagniana, Lucca
Re: Seeking information about Luigia Bertellotti
You can try using the standard form letters and addresses that thiese sites provide to request records directly from Italy.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/index.asp
Family Search Research Guide
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Sesto Fiorentino
50019 SESTO FIORENTINO [Fi]
ITALY
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Stazzema
55040 STAZZEMA [LU]
Italy
Or you can search using microfilm through the Family History Center..
Stazzema, Lucca
Hope this helps a bit.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/index.asp
Family Search Research Guide
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Sesto Fiorentino
50019 SESTO FIORENTINO [Fi]
ITALY
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Stazzema
55040 STAZZEMA [LU]
Italy
Or you can search using microfilm through the Family History Center..
Stazzema, Lucca
Hope this helps a bit.
-
peggymckee
- Elite

- Posts: 264
- Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00
Re: Seeking information about Luigia Bertellotti
Dear Nuccia,
Many thanks. I ordered the Stazzema microfilms about 6 weeks ago and they finally arrives last week--but so far have had not chance to check them.
The Italian form letter site is great! Especially since I don't speak Italian.
Also, thank you so much for providing the addresses.
All the best, Peggy M
Many thanks. I ordered the Stazzema microfilms about 6 weeks ago and they finally arrives last week--but so far have had not chance to check them.
The Italian form letter site is great! Especially since I don't speak Italian.
Also, thank you so much for providing the addresses.
All the best, Peggy M
Re: Seeking information about Luigia Bertellotti
Hi Peggy
You're welcome. I'm glad these sites may be helpful for you. Please, let us know how you make out or if you need anything else. We love to hear people's success stories.
Good luck with the films, too!
You're welcome. I'm glad these sites may be helpful for you. Please, let us know how you make out or if you need anything else. We love to hear people's success stories.
Good luck with the films, too!
-
peggymckee
- Elite

- Posts: 264
- Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00
Re: Seeking information about Luigia Bertellotti
I am making progress. On a microfilm from Church of Latter Day Saints, I found Luigia's original birth record. It turns out she was named Teresa Alida Luigia. But I can tell from the date of birth and the parents's name that this is the right record. Also, the record has a notation of the date and place of Luigia's marriage to Nello.
I'm pretty sure I can find Luigia's marriage record. I've already found the banns in the index--but has to stop because it was closing time at the Family History Center. Luckily for me, Luigia was married in the same Comune where she was born.
Once I have the marriage information, I will write to the Comune for her birth & marriage certificates.
All the best, Peggy M
I'm pretty sure I can find Luigia's marriage record. I've already found the banns in the index--but has to stop because it was closing time at the Family History Center. Luckily for me, Luigia was married in the same Comune where she was born.
Once I have the marriage information, I will write to the Comune for her birth & marriage certificates.
All the best, Peggy M
Re: Seeking information about Luigia Bertellotti
Thats wonderful Peggy! Thank you for letting us know your progress and remember, if you need anything else we are here to help you!
-
peggymckee
- Elite

- Posts: 264
- Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00
Re: Seeking information about Luigia Bertellotti
Hi all!
I recently received a PM requesting more information on "my" Bertellotti relatves. I'm posting my reply here.
My Bertellotti relatives are from Stazzema in Lucca. My grandmother joined my grandfather Marchi (Sesto Fiorentino) in Chicago in 1915. Her younger sister Armida came to NJ & with her husband Ezio Bertellotti. (Yes Armida Bertellotti married a cousin (not sure which degree) Ezio Bertellotti). Ezio's father was Francesco. My grandmother Luigia's father was Ermete. Two of my GMs brothers, Carlo & Pio went to California (Sonoma) & started a bakery.
There were seven siblings total. Bruno stayed in Italy and so did a sister Edwige. I'm not sure about another sister, Maria.
If anyone knows more about the Bertellotti family or about the Ridolfi family (my GM's mother, Melania) both from Stazzema, please post it!
Many thanks, Peggy M
I recently received a PM requesting more information on "my" Bertellotti relatves. I'm posting my reply here.
My Bertellotti relatives are from Stazzema in Lucca. My grandmother joined my grandfather Marchi (Sesto Fiorentino) in Chicago in 1915. Her younger sister Armida came to NJ & with her husband Ezio Bertellotti. (Yes Armida Bertellotti married a cousin (not sure which degree) Ezio Bertellotti). Ezio's father was Francesco. My grandmother Luigia's father was Ermete. Two of my GMs brothers, Carlo & Pio went to California (Sonoma) & started a bakery.
There were seven siblings total. Bruno stayed in Italy and so did a sister Edwige. I'm not sure about another sister, Maria.
If anyone knows more about the Bertellotti family or about the Ridolfi family (my GM's mother, Melania) both from Stazzema, please post it!
Many thanks, Peggy M
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
-
peggymckee
- Elite

- Posts: 264
- Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00
Re: Bertellotti family from Stazzema
First my thanks to Suanj & Nuccia & others on this forum for help at an earlier stage of the process!
I received my GMs Italian birth & marriage certificates today (Aug 3). I sent my request ordinary air mail on July 6. No charge, no postal coupons, no photo id, etc.
BTW, I received my GF's birth certificate from Sesto Fiorentino in little over two weeks. Again I sent the request by regular airmail.
I am very impressed with the Italians--especially compared to the kind of service that is typical here in the US.
All the best, Peggy M
I received my GMs Italian birth & marriage certificates today (Aug 3). I sent my request ordinary air mail on July 6. No charge, no postal coupons, no photo id, etc.
BTW, I received my GF's birth certificate from Sesto Fiorentino in little over two weeks. Again I sent the request by regular airmail.
I am very impressed with the Italians--especially compared to the kind of service that is typical here in the US.
All the best, Peggy M
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
Re: Bertellotti family from Stazzema
Congratulations!!!!!
Suanj and Nuccia are two very special members!!!!
I hope you have continued success in your search!!!!
wldspirit
Suanj and Nuccia are two very special members!!!!
I hope you have continued success in your search!!!!
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: Bertellotti family from Stazzema
Peggy
Thats wonderful! And thank you for sharing your progress with us. It lets the whole group know what works and what doesn't.
We're here for you should you need anything else!
Lee..thanks..we think you're pretty special too!
Thats wonderful! And thank you for sharing your progress with us. It lets the whole group know what works and what doesn't.
We're here for you should you need anything else!
Lee..thanks..we think you're pretty special too!
Re: Bertellotti family from Stazzema
Hello; Armida and Ezio lived in NJ...he was called Rocco. They had a son, Alfredo. Alfredo (deceased) married his cousin Olga (living) also named Bertellotti. Olga is my aunt. They had 3 children and those children created a large clan.
My father is Dominick Bertellotti (living) and he knows/net some of the persons you mention. He was good friends with Al Marchi (deceased) from Chicago; and Dominick knew some of the California folks. Dominick, Olga and Arnaldo's parents were Umiliano Bertellotti and Gilda Garbati.
Chris Bertellotti
My father is Dominick Bertellotti (living) and he knows/net some of the persons you mention. He was good friends with Al Marchi (deceased) from Chicago; and Dominick knew some of the California folks. Dominick, Olga and Arnaldo's parents were Umiliano Bertellotti and Gilda Garbati.
Chris Bertellotti
-
peggymckee
- Elite

- Posts: 264
- Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00
Re: Bertellotti family from Stazzema
Hi Chris!
I spoke with Olga a couple of months ago and hope to visit her (for the first time) in the fall. Alfredo (Fred) and my father (Louis, Luigi) were first cousins. And yes, I knew about Dominik--and that he and Al and your mother (Rose?) and Al's wife Marian were very close friends.
Olga told me that her parents were Umiliano Bertellotti and Gilda Garbatti. Do you happen to know who Umiliano's parents were (Olga's paternal grandparents)?
Ezio Bertellotti's parents were Francesco and Aspasia (don't know her maiden name). Do you know who Francesco's parents were? Were Ermete (my grandmother Luigia's father) and Francesco brothers?
Please PM me and let's talk more by Email. Peggy M
I spoke with Olga a couple of months ago and hope to visit her (for the first time) in the fall. Alfredo (Fred) and my father (Louis, Luigi) were first cousins. And yes, I knew about Dominik--and that he and Al and your mother (Rose?) and Al's wife Marian were very close friends.
Olga told me that her parents were Umiliano Bertellotti and Gilda Garbatti. Do you happen to know who Umiliano's parents were (Olga's paternal grandparents)?
Ezio Bertellotti's parents were Francesco and Aspasia (don't know her maiden name). Do you know who Francesco's parents were? Were Ermete (my grandmother Luigia's father) and Francesco brothers?
Please PM me and let's talk more by Email. Peggy M
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
Re: Bertellotti family from Stazzema
Hi Peggy,
This thread is years old but hoping you are still connected. I did this research when I was twelve but it had subsequently been lost and was so happy to see you revive the Marchi family tree.
I am Michael McGuire - son of Lawrence and Jean McGuire - daughter of Al Marchi your father Lou's brother.
I live in Seattle now but spent eight years in Florida 2000-2008 and had a chance to spend time with my mom, grandfather AL as well as Dom and Rosie before they died.
Mom just visited Seattle last week along with my sister Patty's family.
This thread is years old but hoping you are still connected. I did this research when I was twelve but it had subsequently been lost and was so happy to see you revive the Marchi family tree.
I am Michael McGuire - son of Lawrence and Jean McGuire - daughter of Al Marchi your father Lou's brother.
I live in Seattle now but spent eight years in Florida 2000-2008 and had a chance to spend time with my mom, grandfather AL as well as Dom and Rosie before they died.
Mom just visited Seattle last week along with my sister Patty's family.
-
peggymckee
- Elite

- Posts: 264
- Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00
Re: Bertellotti family from Stazzema
Hi Mike,
I just got back from visiting Jean! (Returned Oct 31, 2015) She and I are first cousins, daughters of Al and Lou. We had a great time catching up after almost 30 years. I'd love to talk to you about our genealogy at greater length--please private message me. Or, if it's easier, your Mom has my email address & phone #. All the best, Peg M
I just got back from visiting Jean! (Returned Oct 31, 2015) She and I are first cousins, daughters of Al and Lou. We had a great time catching up after almost 30 years. I'd love to talk to you about our genealogy at greater length--please private message me. Or, if it's easier, your Mom has my email address & phone #. All the best, Peg M
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi


