Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
Question? I can't seem to find any information on my Grandfather Giuseppe Rinella's side. I did find his brother, Salvatore Rinella, birthdate, military and burial info.
Did the churches record adoptions in Trabia? That is my last resort if I can't find anything on Salvatore below. We keep hearing the D'anna name but no one has solid info.
Salvatore Rinella b. 22 May, 1873 in Trabia, d. 1959 Albion , N.Y.
Enlisted in the military in 1918, WWI
Census from 1920 and 1930 (41 N. Main St. , Albion,NY)
Giuseppe Rinella b.1877 (on tombstone), d. 20 Nov. 1916, San Jose, Ca
Immigration 1901 w/wife Carmela (Rubino)
Thanks as always! Marlene
Did the churches record adoptions in Trabia? That is my last resort if I can't find anything on Salvatore below. We keep hearing the D'anna name but no one has solid info.
Salvatore Rinella b. 22 May, 1873 in Trabia, d. 1959 Albion , N.Y.
Enlisted in the military in 1918, WWI
Census from 1920 and 1930 (41 N. Main St. , Albion,NY)
Giuseppe Rinella b.1877 (on tombstone), d. 20 Nov. 1916, San Jose, Ca
Immigration 1901 w/wife Carmela (Rubino)
Thanks as always! Marlene
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
Hello len52mar
A number of family names you list from Trabia are also in my close and distant family tree. Balistreri, Caruso, Cancilla and Bondi Family. They were all from the Province of Palermo, Trabia, sub-division of San Nicola L 'Arena. My family name is Caruso. My Grandfather Antonio Caruso married Girolama Balistreri. THey wre also first cousins! A very common practice as I have been discovering. They had five sons. Antonio, Salvatore, Giussepe, Angelo and Francesco. All brothers except Salvatore arrived at Ellis Island, worked in the New York area and then settled in Canada Ontario between 1913 and 1929.
The Cancilla, Bondi and Caruso families lived in Southern Ontario (Barrie, Collingwood and Holland Landing) and ran Fruit and Vegetable businesses for years. Bondi family married into the Caruso family...still trying to sort out that one and the Cancilla's are also attached to the Caruso line.
I am just finishing up a family tree book but could only go back as far as the five brothers. I really want to go to Sicily personally as there are still family members living there from the Caruso and Balistreri line. My brother went two years ago and they were very welcoming. He wants me to go with him now to go through more specific family history.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you would like specific birth dates. etc.
Michele Caruso, Ontario Canada
A number of family names you list from Trabia are also in my close and distant family tree. Balistreri, Caruso, Cancilla and Bondi Family. They were all from the Province of Palermo, Trabia, sub-division of San Nicola L 'Arena. My family name is Caruso. My Grandfather Antonio Caruso married Girolama Balistreri. THey wre also first cousins! A very common practice as I have been discovering. They had five sons. Antonio, Salvatore, Giussepe, Angelo and Francesco. All brothers except Salvatore arrived at Ellis Island, worked in the New York area and then settled in Canada Ontario between 1913 and 1929.
The Cancilla, Bondi and Caruso families lived in Southern Ontario (Barrie, Collingwood and Holland Landing) and ran Fruit and Vegetable businesses for years. Bondi family married into the Caruso family...still trying to sort out that one and the Cancilla's are also attached to the Caruso line.
I am just finishing up a family tree book but could only go back as far as the five brothers. I really want to go to Sicily personally as there are still family members living there from the Caruso and Balistreri line. My brother went two years ago and they were very welcoming. He wants me to go with him now to go through more specific family history.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you would like specific birth dates. etc.
Michele Caruso, Ontario Canada
Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
Hi Michele, Thanks for a reply!
Well, I have been trying to find a solid link to those names (Saso, etc.) I listed but cannot. I remember my family always talked of the Cancilla'a and Balistreri's from San Jose,Ca. I am finding more connections with the Cancilla-Vallelunga's. I am having a hard time finding the link with the Caruso line even though my g.grandmother DiMatteo (who's mn was Vallelunga) had Pietra Caruso with her on the manifest. Pietra's father was Luciano Caruso back in Trabia (I don't know if you already saw this in my previous post.)
DeMatteo/Rubino Family
1908 Manifest
page 2
lines 10-14 (bracketted together?)
SS Re d'Italia, 13 Aug 1908, Palermo to NY
All last residence Trabia, Palermo
All going to San Francisco
Giuseppa DeMatteo, 50 (abt 1858)
- married
- in Trabia sister Carmela DiMatteo
(includes street address)
- in US 1902-1906 SF
- joining sons Giuseppe, Salvatore, Carmela & Giovanna? Rubino
at 2015 Dupont Street
Bartolomeo Rubino, 5 (abt 1903)
- US born
Salvatora Vallelunga, 68 (abt 1840)
- widow
- in Trabia daughter Carmela DiMatteo
- joining daughters Salvatora? & Caterina DiMatteo
at 3227 ?? Street
related ??
Pietra Caruso, 16
- single
- in Trabia father Luciano Caruso
- joining brothers Salvatore & Antonino Caruso
at 472 Union Street (side note-my g.uncle Giuseppe lived on Union-I have a census.)
Maria Formusa, 16
- single
- in Trabia father Salvatore Formusa
- joining brothers Giuseppe, ?? & Salvatore Formusa
at 572 ?? Street
Yesterday I ordered three microfilms from LDS, it will take two months to get here, they are back logged. If I come across any Caruso's you list I will PM you. I will be going to Sicily next summer. I have been searching the travel boards for info, people who will assist w/genealogy searches and just bought Rosetta Stone's language tapes,lol !
Marlene
Well, I have been trying to find a solid link to those names (Saso, etc.) I listed but cannot. I remember my family always talked of the Cancilla'a and Balistreri's from San Jose,Ca. I am finding more connections with the Cancilla-Vallelunga's. I am having a hard time finding the link with the Caruso line even though my g.grandmother DiMatteo (who's mn was Vallelunga) had Pietra Caruso with her on the manifest. Pietra's father was Luciano Caruso back in Trabia (I don't know if you already saw this in my previous post.)
DeMatteo/Rubino Family
1908 Manifest
page 2
lines 10-14 (bracketted together?)
SS Re d'Italia, 13 Aug 1908, Palermo to NY
All last residence Trabia, Palermo
All going to San Francisco
Giuseppa DeMatteo, 50 (abt 1858)
- married
- in Trabia sister Carmela DiMatteo
(includes street address)
- in US 1902-1906 SF
- joining sons Giuseppe, Salvatore, Carmela & Giovanna? Rubino
at 2015 Dupont Street
Bartolomeo Rubino, 5 (abt 1903)
- US born
Salvatora Vallelunga, 68 (abt 1840)
- widow
- in Trabia daughter Carmela DiMatteo
- joining daughters Salvatora? & Caterina DiMatteo
at 3227 ?? Street
related ??
Pietra Caruso, 16
- single
- in Trabia father Luciano Caruso
- joining brothers Salvatore & Antonino Caruso
at 472 Union Street (side note-my g.uncle Giuseppe lived on Union-I have a census.)
Maria Formusa, 16
- single
- in Trabia father Salvatore Formusa
- joining brothers Giuseppe, ?? & Salvatore Formusa
at 572 ?? Street
Yesterday I ordered three microfilms from LDS, it will take two months to get here, they are back logged. If I come across any Caruso's you list I will PM you. I will be going to Sicily next summer. I have been searching the travel boards for info, people who will assist w/genealogy searches and just bought Rosetta Stone's language tapes,lol !
Marlene
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
Hi Marlene!
You know, the hardest thing with this whole Italian tree from Sicily is the intermarriage that went on. My great Aunt, who was first cousin to her husband told me that they never left the village of San Nicola and families did not trust outsiders. So, they matched their kids with family relatives because they knew they would be treated well and could be trusted. My father was the first one to break tradition and as well as not amrrying a relative, he married a French Canadian girl. Now, THAT went over really well until she learned how to read, write and speak Italian better than the family lol.
Connections I have confirmed so far:
Antonio Caruso born 1888, Trabia, San Nicola L 'Arena
Married: Girolama Scardino born 1892 - First Cousins
Giroloma's Mother's Maiden Name: Girolama Caruso
Brother of Antonio
Francesco Caruso born 1895
Married: Angelina Balistreri b. 1906
First Cousins
Angelina's father, Santo Balistreri, and Francesco's Mother Girolama were brother and Sister.
I am afraid to dig any deeper. As my cousin says....dig deeper and we will be able to make Caesar Salad! I tried to attached a family picture of my grandfather's family for you to see but it would not take it! Michele Caruso
You know, the hardest thing with this whole Italian tree from Sicily is the intermarriage that went on. My great Aunt, who was first cousin to her husband told me that they never left the village of San Nicola and families did not trust outsiders. So, they matched their kids with family relatives because they knew they would be treated well and could be trusted. My father was the first one to break tradition and as well as not amrrying a relative, he married a French Canadian girl. Now, THAT went over really well until she learned how to read, write and speak Italian better than the family lol.
Connections I have confirmed so far:
Antonio Caruso born 1888, Trabia, San Nicola L 'Arena
Married: Girolama Scardino born 1892 - First Cousins
Giroloma's Mother's Maiden Name: Girolama Caruso
Brother of Antonio
Francesco Caruso born 1895
Married: Angelina Balistreri b. 1906
First Cousins
Angelina's father, Santo Balistreri, and Francesco's Mother Girolama were brother and Sister.
I am afraid to dig any deeper. As my cousin says....dig deeper and we will be able to make Caesar Salad! I tried to attached a family picture of my grandfather's family for you to see but it would not take it! Michele Caruso
Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
Michele, I have experienced the "first cousin marriages" with my Rubino and Canciamilla family in the US. I was told that they wanted to marry and the families tried to keep them apart so they just eloped! It sure made research a bit more challenging with the duplication of first and maiden names.
Marlene Rinella-Caredio
Marlene Rinella-Caredio
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
Ciao! io vivo a Trabia forse posso essere di aiuto per avere qualche informazione sui vostri parenti.Non parlo bene inglese ma leggo e capisco qualche cosa.Per scrivere non tanto!
Posso chiedere a mio padre e a qualche persona anziana del paese.
Se venite a Trabia fatemelo sapere che vi do l'aiuto che posso.
Anche io sto costruendo l'albero genealogico della mia famiglia e molti parenti sono emigrati in america.
Ciao, saluti
Posso chiedere a mio padre e a qualche persona anziana del paese.
Se venite a Trabia fatemelo sapere che vi do l'aiuto che posso.
Anche io sto costruendo l'albero genealogico della mia famiglia e molti parenti sono emigrati in america.
Ciao, saluti
Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
were all from the Province of Palermo, Trabia, sub-division of San Nicola L 'Arena.
Trabia è il comune principale
San Nicola L 'Arena is sub-division of Trabia
Trabia è il comune principale
San Nicola L 'Arena is sub-division of Trabia
Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
Hello! First I must thank Suanj for all her hard work helping locate the right Rinella family in Trabia!
Since finding and visiting a distant cousin in my Arena family I have received some new family names.
But first a question. Did most baptisms have married couples as witnesses? My great aunt Carmela DiMatteo is one and a Iguafio Navarra the other in Trabia. It is difficult to read so I'm not sure on the spelling for Iguafio, any other suggestions?
My cousins father kept all his parents records. We found two records that we have no clue as to who the people are. 1. Child- Salvatore Piazza, father Pietro Piazza and mother Caterina Satariano. 2. Child Vincenza Schillaci, father Francesco Schillaci and mother Marianna LaRussa. Both are dated 1933. Should I make a new post of this?
Thanks for all your help!
Marlene
Since finding and visiting a distant cousin in my Arena family I have received some new family names.
But first a question. Did most baptisms have married couples as witnesses? My great aunt Carmela DiMatteo is one and a Iguafio Navarra the other in Trabia. It is difficult to read so I'm not sure on the spelling for Iguafio, any other suggestions?
My cousins father kept all his parents records. We found two records that we have no clue as to who the people are. 1. Child- Salvatore Piazza, father Pietro Piazza and mother Caterina Satariano. 2. Child Vincenza Schillaci, father Francesco Schillaci and mother Marianna LaRussa. Both are dated 1933. Should I make a new post of this?
Thanks for all your help!
Marlene
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
Possibly Ignazio?len52mar wrote:It is difficult to read so I'm not sure on the spelling for Iguafio, any other suggestions? Marlene
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
Just an update...Since January this year I have located many families, in my signature block of text, on ship manifests. My distant relation, Anna Canciamilla Brownell, has helped find and inform me that my great grandmother, Josephine DiMatteo Rubino, had five sisters. I have found all five manifests for them and the stories check out. Families lived on both coasts. I am only having difficulty finding census information for a few.
Still no info on their mother Salvatora Vallelunga but she may have returned to Trabia.
Anna also said we are related to a Joseph Vallelunga b.1888 that married Josphine Cancilla b. 1901 in Oakland,Ca. Her mother was a Rubino,too!
I have located a sister for my paternal grandfather, Giuseppa Rinella Campagna. The name was spelled incorrectly on the manifest (Regella) and it was a fluke that I found it. I'm still searching for that family in Rochester,NY. Giuseppe and Giuseppe Campagna had three children, Maria 1885, Josphine 1881 and Giuseppe 1889.
I have met one of my Arena (now Areno) cousins and email with my three Arena cousins in Calgary, Canada.
Purchasing the Family Tree Maker has helped make organization a breeze! Very easy to use and print reports. For my Dad's 90th birthday I printed out the whole family tree and hung it on the wall-all six feet of it! It was quite a topic for conversation. Thank you all many times over.
Marlene Rinella-Caredio
Still no info on their mother Salvatora Vallelunga but she may have returned to Trabia.
Anna also said we are related to a Joseph Vallelunga b.1888 that married Josphine Cancilla b. 1901 in Oakland,Ca. Her mother was a Rubino,too!
I have located a sister for my paternal grandfather, Giuseppa Rinella Campagna. The name was spelled incorrectly on the manifest (Regella) and it was a fluke that I found it. I'm still searching for that family in Rochester,NY. Giuseppe and Giuseppe Campagna had three children, Maria 1885, Josphine 1881 and Giuseppe 1889.
I have met one of my Arena (now Areno) cousins and email with my three Arena cousins in Calgary, Canada.
Purchasing the Family Tree Maker has helped make organization a breeze! Very easy to use and print reports. For my Dad's 90th birthday I printed out the whole family tree and hung it on the wall-all six feet of it! It was quite a topic for conversation. Thank you all many times over.
Marlene Rinella-Caredio
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
- Quiksilvez
- Veteran

- Posts: 113
- Joined: 21 Feb 2008, 11:10
- Location: Sacramento, CA, USA
Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
Hi,
I happened to notice the surname "Rinella"... I believed we can be connected... My mother, Kathryn Piazza Nelson's cousins are Antonio and Madeline Rinella... My grandparents were Salvatore and Teresa ( DiVittorio ) Piazza, they immigranted from Trabia to San Francisco...
Antonio and Madeline lived on Roycott Way in San Jose... Antonio used to own the City Body Shop...
I am working on my family tree and want to know if we can be linked somehow...
Lemme know...
thanks,
~Mark
I happened to notice the surname "Rinella"... I believed we can be connected... My mother, Kathryn Piazza Nelson's cousins are Antonio and Madeline Rinella... My grandparents were Salvatore and Teresa ( DiVittorio ) Piazza, they immigranted from Trabia to San Francisco...
Antonio and Madeline lived on Roycott Way in San Jose... Antonio used to own the City Body Shop...
I am working on my family tree and want to know if we can be linked somehow...
Lemme know...
thanks,
~Mark
- Quiksilvez
- Veteran

- Posts: 113
- Joined: 21 Feb 2008, 11:10
- Location: Sacramento, CA, USA
Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
Hi,
I happened to notice the surname "Rinella"... I believed we can be connected... My mother, Kathryn Piazza Nelson's cousins are Antonio and Madeline Rinella... My grandparents were Salvatore and Teresa ( DiVittorio ) Piazza, they immigranted from Trabia to San Francisco...
Antonio and Madeline lived on Roycott Way in San Jose... Antonio used to own the City Body Shop...
I am working on my family tree and want to know if we can be linked somehow...
Lemme know...
thanks,
~Mark
I happened to notice the surname "Rinella"... I believed we can be connected... My mother, Kathryn Piazza Nelson's cousins are Antonio and Madeline Rinella... My grandparents were Salvatore and Teresa ( DiVittorio ) Piazza, they immigranted from Trabia to San Francisco...
Antonio and Madeline lived on Roycott Way in San Jose... Antonio used to own the City Body Shop...
I am working on my family tree and want to know if we can be linked somehow...
Lemme know...
thanks,
~Mark
- Quiksilvez
- Veteran

- Posts: 113
- Joined: 21 Feb 2008, 11:10
- Location: Sacramento, CA, USA
Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
Antone Walter Rinella
Born: 21 October 1917
California, United States of America
Died: 8 December 1989
San Jose, Santa Clara, California, United States of America
Married to Madeline Mathias
Born: 20 March 1917
San Jose, Santa Clara, California, United States of America
Died: 21 November 2007
San Jose, Santa Clara, California, United States of America
Antone's Father:
Michal "Mike" Rinella
Born: 24 June 1889
Trabia, Palermo, Sicily, Italy
Died: January 1979
San Jose, Santa Clara, California, United States of America
Anotone's Mother:
Mary C Poasteri
Born: 3 March 1899
Louisiana, United States of America
Died: 16 August 1984
San Jose, Santa Clara, California, United States of America
Madeline Mathias' Father
Joseph Mathias
Born: 1886
Portuqal
Madeline Mathias' Mother
Mary Sonza
Born: 1888
Portuqal
Mary C Poasteri's Mother
Maiden Name: Piazza
Mary C Poasteri's Sister
Lena Posateri
Born: 1913
California, United States of America
Now I need information on Piazza from MARY C POASTERI's side... How does POASTERI connect to my PIAZZA? See below for information...
My Piazza's side are:
Grandfather: Salvatore Piazza
b. 16 August 1878 - Trabia
d. 21 May 1956 - Santa Clara (Sunnyvale)
Need names of his siblings
Grandmother: Teresa DiVittorio
b. 24 January 1890 - Trabia
d. 5 July 1978 - Santa Clara (San Jose)
Siblings: Mary (Born: 1884, Died: 23 January 1917) married to Philip Thomas Sansone (Born: 1880, Died: March 1945) His mother is Coponati (maiden name)
Any more siblings?
Great Grandfather: Antonino Piazza
b. ?
d. ?
Need names of his siblings
Great Grandmother: Catarina Cortesi
b. 1841 - Trabia
d. 30 March 1917 - San Francisco
Need names of her siblings
Great Grandfather: Frank DiVittorio
b. ?
d. ?
Siblings: Francesca (need info on her like marriage, children, etc)
Any more siblings? And names of his parents
Great Grandmother: Lena Cortesi
b. ?
d. ?
Need names of her siblings and her parents
Possible surnames are Cortesi, DiVittorio, Comella, Nuccio, Sansone...
Please help me out...
Many thanks,
~Mark
Born: 21 October 1917
California, United States of America
Died: 8 December 1989
San Jose, Santa Clara, California, United States of America
Married to Madeline Mathias
Born: 20 March 1917
San Jose, Santa Clara, California, United States of America
Died: 21 November 2007
San Jose, Santa Clara, California, United States of America
Antone's Father:
Michal "Mike" Rinella
Born: 24 June 1889
Trabia, Palermo, Sicily, Italy
Died: January 1979
San Jose, Santa Clara, California, United States of America
Anotone's Mother:
Mary C Poasteri
Born: 3 March 1899
Louisiana, United States of America
Died: 16 August 1984
San Jose, Santa Clara, California, United States of America
Madeline Mathias' Father
Joseph Mathias
Born: 1886
Portuqal
Madeline Mathias' Mother
Mary Sonza
Born: 1888
Portuqal
Mary C Poasteri's Mother
Maiden Name: Piazza
Mary C Poasteri's Sister
Lena Posateri
Born: 1913
California, United States of America
Now I need information on Piazza from MARY C POASTERI's side... How does POASTERI connect to my PIAZZA? See below for information...
My Piazza's side are:
Grandfather: Salvatore Piazza
b. 16 August 1878 - Trabia
d. 21 May 1956 - Santa Clara (Sunnyvale)
Need names of his siblings
Grandmother: Teresa DiVittorio
b. 24 January 1890 - Trabia
d. 5 July 1978 - Santa Clara (San Jose)
Siblings: Mary (Born: 1884, Died: 23 January 1917) married to Philip Thomas Sansone (Born: 1880, Died: March 1945) His mother is Coponati (maiden name)
Any more siblings?
Great Grandfather: Antonino Piazza
b. ?
d. ?
Need names of his siblings
Great Grandmother: Catarina Cortesi
b. 1841 - Trabia
d. 30 March 1917 - San Francisco
Need names of her siblings
Great Grandfather: Frank DiVittorio
b. ?
d. ?
Siblings: Francesca (need info on her like marriage, children, etc)
Any more siblings? And names of his parents
Great Grandmother: Lena Cortesi
b. ?
d. ?
Need names of her siblings and her parents
Possible surnames are Cortesi, DiVittorio, Comella, Nuccio, Sansone...
Please help me out...
Many thanks,
~Mark
Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
I have found the connection to the D'Anna family. It's on my father's maternal side not paternal (Rinella). My fathers G-G grandmother was Marianna D'Anna (1812) and her husband was Giuseppe Vallelunga (1811) as listed on their da. Salvatora Vallelunga DiMatteo's death certificate in San Jose,Ca from 1941.
I have recently found Salvatora's gravesite in San Jose, too!
I searched further and found that familysearch.org listed all the children of Marianna and Giuseppe. They 10 children but one daughter, Caterina, was listed as married in 12 Feb 1878 to a Salvatore Calderone.
I know there are some other posts for Calderone and hope if they do a search they will see this.
Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas !
Marlene
I have recently found Salvatora's gravesite in San Jose, too!
I searched further and found that familysearch.org listed all the children of Marianna and Giuseppe. They 10 children but one daughter, Caterina, was listed as married in 12 Feb 1878 to a Salvatore Calderone.
I know there are some other posts for Calderone and hope if they do a search they will see this.
Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas !
Marlene
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
Re: Rinella, D'Anna, Rubino from Palermo (Trabia?)
My great grand mother was josephine Rinella D'anna she had 7 children. i still have her english book from san jose high school. her husband was leonard D'anna sr. Her mother moved back to pennsylvania and owned several fruit stores. we are also related to the sasso's and Battaglia's and Cribari's.



