Hey
Thanks for the answers and links peggymckee
and Corrado too.
For PeggyMckee
Thanks for the advices about the passport request.
What is the "Proof of guardianship"?
I think that the points 3 and 4 are not requested, if they say:
"The only exception to this requirement is when the owner of the passport records was born 100 years or more ago."
I think like you about the extra inforamtions like "a copy of his birth certificate" or "naturalization papers" could be a good thing.
For the birth certificate, I should call the country (in Sicily).
While for the copy of naturalization... Corrado have found "the record" in Chicago and yesterday he has sent a copy to me.
Now I should understand how and when to send off the money.
(with the letter, before, after...)
About the age
The age wasn't 77 but 81 (because we have discovered that he used in usa the birth date of the 1873, while in italy he used the right birth date of the 1869).
So, 81 years old. Maybe he was vanished for the reason that you said or maybe not (but it's a long story).
I think that one problem (but perhaps I blunder myself) is the "privacy".
Because we can't have access to the 1950 files. Only genealogist, I think.
For Corrado
I hope to find something on this passport, if exist!
I'll watch the link of chicago, but I have sent a mail to Nara and they answer me with a link. This link did not work. So, I have found the right one.
