Colle Samita , Collesamita 1880\'s

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1061
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Colle Samita , Collesamita 1880's

Post by brujaojos »

AMarcia wrote:SAMSARA, I sent a pm to you ref. this thread. when you receive it pls respond to my email of etilley4@comcast.net . Thank you brujaojos for your offer even tho I don't wish to take you up on it at this time.
Hi There,

I'm sorry if I didn't express myself properly, I was going to hook you up with Robert (tebor13) who has ancestors from Colle also. You two might have a connection since he has Mascia in his family.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
User avatar
Iamarino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 10 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: New York, USA
Contact:

Re: Colle Samita , Collesamita 1880's

Post by Iamarino »

My family is also from Colle Sannita, and when I visited there in April 2005, I discovered that many of them are still there! While there is no one named Iamarino anymore, my living relatives are named Pilla, Paolucci, Piacquadia, and Pozzuto. The Pozzutos own three restaurants in Benevento, including the outstanding Pizzeria Romano.

I have seen Colle Sannita spelled a dozen ways on the Ellis Island site, but it's always obvious to me that it's Colle Sannita.

By the way, Moscia (yet another spelling) is the name of a section of Colle Sannita. My cousin Maria Paolucci (married to Angelo Nigro) lives on a street named Contrada Moscia.

DiAnn
User avatar
cjz01
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 Jul 2006, 00:00

Re: Colle Samita , Collesamita 1880's

Post by cjz01 »

My family is from Colle Sannita, and they still go there every year.
Mascia is very prevalent in that area, and still many with that family name.
Also, Iamarino comes from that village, and many of them went to Niagara Falls, Canada. My cousin married an Iamarino, and there are quite a few in Canada
User avatar
Iamarino
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 10 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: New York, USA
Contact:

Re: Colle Samita , Collesamita 1880's

Post by Iamarino »

I never thought of looking for Iamarino relatives in Canada, but as I look in the Canada White Pages, I see lots of them. Thanks for the tip!

DiAnn Iamarino
User avatar
angelamascia
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 61
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: USA - ITALY

Re: Colle Samita , Collesamita 1880's

Post by angelamascia »

Hi Everybody,
I agree that the name of town most likely is Colle Sannita in province of Benevento in the Region Campania. My last name is Mascia and I currently live in West Virginia but the majority of my relatives live in NY, NY and CT. I would love to hear from all of you having roots to Colle Sannita or carrying the last name Mascia. My mother's maiden name is Iapozzuto. Other last names in our family are Zeolla, Iacobacci, Moccia, Piacquadio and others.
Also, I found out that a Domenico Mascia died in the 1907 Monongah mine disaster in West Virginia and I am trying to find out if there is a connection to my family. If you know of anything please contact me. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Angela Mascia
User avatar
angelamascia
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 61
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: USA - ITALY

Re: Colle Samita , Collesamita 1880's

Post by angelamascia »

Hi AMarcia,

I am a Mascia and my parents live in Colle Sannita. Please let me know if I can tell you anything about the town of Colle Sannita.

Ciao,
Angela M.
User avatar
FabioP.
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 35
Joined: 21 Feb 2007, 00:00
Location: Salerno e Colle Sannita (BN) - Italy

Re: Colle Samita , Collesamita 1880's

Post by FabioP. »

angelamascia wrote:Hi AMarcia,

I am a Mascia and my parents live in Colle Sannita. Please let me know if I can tell you anything about the town of Colle Sannita.

Ciao,
Angela M.

Gent.ma Angela,
sarebbe opportuno metterci in contatto tramite mail al fine di approfondire il discorso sulle tue origini collesi: il tuo contributo di informazioni sarà sicuramente preziosissimo alla realizzazione del testo dedicato alle Famiglie di Colle Sannita cui mi sto dedicando, e per il quale sto ricostruendo le genealogie complete, dalla fine del XVII alla metà del XX sec, di tutte le famiglie di Colle Sannita.
La mia mail è fabio.paolucci@yahoo.it

(siti di riferimento: http://www.comune.collesannita.bn.it/fo ... php?id=229
http://www.giornaledicolle.it/)

Saluti cordiali,
Fabio paolucci
Post Reply