Massachusetts Vital Records 1841-1910

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Massachusetts Vital Records 1841-1910

Post by nuccia »

Just checked the WW2 Registration Cards and it lists as Colegero's wife's name as Concetta. If this is of interest to you I can link it.

U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
about Charles Giampapa
Name: Charles Giampapa
Birth Date: 24 Aug 1893
Residence: Suffolk, Massachusetts
Birth: Sicily, Italy
Race: White
Roll: WWII_2246482

Living at 35 Chelsea St, East Boston, Suffolk Mass. Hes a coal Handler for the Boston Elevated Co on Atlantic Ave.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
air5plane
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 22 Oct 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Massachusetts Vital Records 1841-1910

Post by air5plane »

for the interest, but I have a manifest from 1921 showing my grandfather came to the US on a ship from Naples, Italy to Boston, but his final destination was Chicago. He was listed on the manifest as Carmelo but then he got to Chicago (sometime) he changed his name to Carlo because I have his Naturalization papers and he was naturalized under the name of Carlo. From what I have been told he was not in WWI.

The puzzle is my grandmother. I cannot find anything in the US for a birth or on any manifests coming to the US. I am going to look at the FHS for births in Calabria to see if I can find that she was actually born in Italy. Her name on my father's birth certificate is Richetta but on my uncles birth certificate it is Enrichetta. It means Harriet in English but my family called her Rachel. Even that, I have found, has two different spellings, Rachel, or Rachael. Still no maiden name though. Again I am back to Liberati, or Liberato, or like you said some other derivative of that.

She had to check herself into the mental hospital and since she did not read, write or speak English we at a dead end as to how she signed herself in.

Thanks for the help.

Tina
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Massachusetts Vital Records 1841-1910

Post by nuccia »

Can you link the manifest or at least show how it was indexed. My great aunts name is Richetta too but yes, the real name is Enrichetta.Richetta is just a short form..from Calabria. Henrietta, Enrica, Erica..all possibilties. Rachel is a new one on me but good to know. Chicago, not Boston..ok..I'll try again.

You said you didn't know much but these are exactly the types of things that offer clues. You may not think they are important but they are..and they save time. Please, if you have anything else, now is a great time to share.. :D
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Massachusetts Vital Records 1841-1910

Post by nuccia »

Social Security Death Index
about Carlo Giampapa
Name: Carlo Giampapa
SSN: xxx-xx-9922
Last Residence: 60650 Cicero, Cook, Illinois, United States of America
Born: 17 Jan 1905
Died: Dec 1981
State (Year) SSN issued: Illinois (Before 1951 )

Ok..I found Carlo's manifest going to see his Grandmother in Chicago. I also found her on the census records in 1930. Lets see if Carlo and Richetta were nearby somewhere.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
air5plane
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 22 Oct 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Massachusetts Vital Records 1841-1910

Post by air5plane »

Nuccia,

Thanks for the info on my grandfather. I already had that but I think he was going to see/stay with a sister. I would be interested in that info.

Thanks.

Tina
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Massachusetts Vital Records 1841-1910

Post by nuccia »

Tina..you actually have the 1920 and 1930 census records for Rose Giampapa? If so, I won't post them. There was no Richetta, Rachel or anyone close by..not even Carlo that I could find. I found just Rose living with her daughter and kids...

When were your grandparents married? When did your grandmother die? If you already know the medical facility where she was or date of death why not write away for the death certificate? It will/should have her birthdate and place on it.

Find out where in Calabria she was from.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
air5plane
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 22 Oct 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Massachusetts Vital Records 1841-1910

Post by air5plane »

Thanks. I have the census for 1930 but not for 1920. I would appreciate that. I am going to go to the FHC to see if I can find birth certificates from 1908 in Calabria.

Thanks for all your help!

Tina
User avatar
air5plane
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 22 Oct 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Massachusetts Vital Records 1841-1910

Post by air5plane »

Nuccia,

I have the marriage certificate for their marriage and that is where the name Rachel comes in. I have the year of her death but not the month or day. The problem that I am having is what her last name was when she checked herself into the medical facility.

Thanks,

Tina
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Massachusetts Vital Records 1841-1910

Post by nuccia »

air5plane wrote:Nuccia,

I have the marriage certificate for their marriage and that is where the name Rachel comes in. I have the year of her death but not the month or day. The problem that I am having is what her last name was when she checked herself into the medical facility.

Thanks,

Tina
I know your frustration Tina.sometimes though you have to take the long way around to get the info you want.

I'll find the 1920 Census for you..I did find a person last night born about 1908 that died in Mass. I was going to post it..the first name was different again but it may be a clue.

Let me see if I can find it, ok? And the census too..I need more coffee first! LOL
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
air5plane
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 22 Oct 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Massachusetts Vital Records 1841-1910

Post by air5plane »

Jim,

I have found a passenger list from when my grandmother came back to the US in 1924. The name on the manifest was Errichetta Liberata. Could you look in the Massachusetts Vital records about 1908 for a birth? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tina
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
Location: Westfield, MA.
Contact:

Re: Massachusetts Vital Records 1841-1910

Post by JamesBianco »

there are only two Liberata entries in the entire database 1841-1910:

Liberata Margarita Marlborough 1909 587 575 Marriage

Liberata Margarita (Santora) Framingham 1909 587 460 Marriage

Unfortunately neither image is available on the website, but given the town and year, you certainly could write to Boston or the town for a copy.

Hope that helps!

Jim :)
User avatar
CarissaLiberatore
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: 16 Nov 2008, 18:50

Re: Massachusetts Vital Records 1841-1910

Post by CarissaLiberatore »

Liberatore Attilio Americo Boston 1905 553 109 Birth

He's my great great-grandfather! I've been trying to figure out the family tree, but I've had less luck finding his siblings as well as his parents. He was the first generation of my family born in America (hence Americo) I'll tell you what info I think I've figured out.

His sibling's names we think were Lucy (probably her english nickname) Marty (probably yet another nickname). I don't know who was born first, but I think Attilio was.

It's possible that I've found his father and uncle. I was told that the two brother's came over together, but I found it might have only been months apart.

I think Antonio (Attilio's father) Came over April 25, 1903 on the Ship California Port Departure was from Naples, Italy. Both brothers are Southern Italian. He was 17 on arrival. Listed as unmarried.

We THINK his brother's name was Vito Liberatore who departed from Naples, Italy. Took the same ship called the California and arrived Oct. 26, 1903 Listed as married. He was 32 on arrival.

Both arrived in Ellis Island. The dates match up from Attilio's birth. The only ones to come from Southern Italy as well bearing the names.

Please let me know what you can find on Attilio, his sibilings, his spouse, and his own parents. I would love to track the brother's through Italy. Thanks!

~Carissa Liberatore
User avatar
orrglehillfarm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 04 Jul 2009, 21:55
Contact:

Re: Massachusetts Vital Records 1841-1910

Post by orrglehillfarm »

Hi Jim: I've been looking for the death record of my great-grandfather's second wife. Her name is Carmela DiMauro Briguglio--not sure when she died, but I think it was in MA. Any help would be appreciated.
Post Reply