Would someone be willing to check the Ellis Island website and see if they can figure out a last name for me? Also, I cannot locate the page that lists the relative they were joining. So hoping it says my great grandfather, Filippo Bosco!
I did the search by using the name of Anna Bosco because I really didn't know my paternal great grandmother's first or maiden name and Anna was one of the kids on the 1900 census and it said she was born in Italy and came here in 1892.
I just cannot read the maiden name of my great grandmother. It looks like Rose Picca, Bicca, Ricca???????????
Rose is line: 531 and the kids are lines 532 and 533
Name of ship is: Olympia, arrived 7/21/1892
A little backround (hope this isn't boring)
From the 1920 census I discovered my great grandfather's name, which was Philip. I am 99.9% sure this census goes with my family because it also lists my grandfather, Jack (Jacob??) and his wife, Josephine (my grandmother) and their son Philip.
I worked backward and found the 1910 census which includes my grandfather and his siblings...apparently my great grandmother was deceased at that time.
ANYWAY, I just found the 1900 census and think it is them! Happy Day! My great grandmother was alive and it gave her year of immigration and also listed two other kids that I had no idea about. This census has her name as Rosi and that makes sense because my grandparents named their only daughter, Rose!
If this manifest goes with my family I NOW HAVE A LAST PLACE OF RESIDENCE and A MAIDEN NAME! Can ya see me jumping up and down with joy, LOL
It kinda looks as if my great grandmother and two of her children died sometime after 1900 because the 1910 census list my great grandfather as widowed. The 1920 one has him as married but I believe it's incorrect.
I once again have managed to go ON AND ON...this is just so darn exciting!
Thank you so much for any help.
Lib

