I'm lost
I'm lost
Hello! My last name is Lave and my father is from NY (full blooded Italian) I have been trying to learn my geneology. I don't know from whence his family came, and worse yet, I can't find the last name Lave at all. My dad says that it is shortened form of Lavragoso (or somthing like that) I can't seem to find anything on my own. The only thing he can tell me is that the family orgins are from the Naples area.....I don't know where to start!
Re: I'm lost
Repost your question in the genealogy forum.
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: I'm lost
Hi,
Find out if your dad knows the correct spelling of the original last name. Was your dad born in the USA or Italy? What was your grandfathers full name and your grandmothers full name (maiden name) get this info from your father including the proper spelling of his mothers maiden name? Did your grandparents come here from Italy or were they born here? Are your grandparetns still alive? If grandparents are still alive get their full info of names including their parents full names, when they came to USA etc.
The more information you can supply the easier it will be for people to help you in your search. And follow mler's suggestion to post in the genealogy forum, your post will get alot more people looking at it.
Regards,
Elizabeth
Find out if your dad knows the correct spelling of the original last name. Was your dad born in the USA or Italy? What was your grandfathers full name and your grandmothers full name (maiden name) get this info from your father including the proper spelling of his mothers maiden name? Did your grandparents come here from Italy or were they born here? Are your grandparetns still alive? If grandparents are still alive get their full info of names including their parents full names, when they came to USA etc.
The more information you can supply the easier it will be for people to help you in your search. And follow mler's suggestion to post in the genealogy forum, your post will get alot more people looking at it.
Regards,
Elizabeth
